The Emma Raducanu Appreciation Thread (All Tennis welcome)

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Could you imagine the fury right now if this was Andy & Judy Murray instead of Djokovic and his folks? 

41 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fucking hell, have you seen his parents this evening? They're making out as though he's been sentenced to prison in Iran or something. And his dad has likened this to the crucifixion of Christ. Oh boy. 

The Daily Mail reported how he is locked up with REFUGEES. The capital letters were their usage. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Could you imagine the fury right now if this was Andy & Judy Murray instead of Djokovic and his folks? 

I don’t think most of us would be sad to see Murray in this situation tbh. He’s so laid back he probably wouldn’t even kick up a fuss.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:25 AM, SuperBacon said:

I know we should never just go off anecdotes and secondary stories but I have NEVER read or heard anything but negative stories about him, which is incredibly rare.

Can you post some of them? I've never seen anything really negative about him before the covid thing.

49 minutes ago, David said:

Can you post some of them? I've never seen anything really negative about him before the covid thing.

Well I don't bookmark every negative thing I've ever read about him but I can see if I can find some sure.

I'm only going on what I've read or seen. If other people have read or heard about positive stories of him, then fair play. There is possibly some recency bias at play with me.

• Paid Members

Djokovic, who had Covid last month, has admitted he broke isolation rules at least on a couple of occasions- meeting with a reporter and attending a photoshoot despite knowing he had Covid at the time. 

The cunt clearly didn't learn from that shambles of a tournament he held that time did he. What an irresponsible twat.

• Paid Members

He's a rich white dude, so obviously the rules and laws don't apply to him. Look at Farage demonstrating a spectacular lack of self awareness by flying out to Eastern Europe in order to lend moral support to somebody who's been detained by an immigration system he wishes we had over here. That tells you everything about the situation he was in. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He's a rich white dude, so obviously the rules and laws don't apply to him. Look at Farage demonstrating a spectacular lack of self awareness

I'd say that Farage is completely and totally self-aware and has merely sniffed out another opportunity for attention and cash.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'd say that Farage is completely and totally self-aware and has merely sniffed out another opportunity for attention and cash.

Absolutely. After all, you'd imagine Farage would normally be a huge fan of Australia's strict border controls.