The Emma Raducanu Appreciation Thread (All Tennis welcome)

SuperBacon

Well, really I just wanted to flag up that Channel 4 are going to be showing Emma Raducanu's US Open Final tonight from 8pm.

What a year she's had, and even more so what a US Open she's had. Not a dropped set and a fantastic chance to immortalise herself.

Anyway, I had a look for a Tennis thread but couldn't find one so whack all your racket swinging in here. No Djokovic though. That cunts not welcome.

Edited by SuperBacon
the absolute state of it

38 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I hope she wins then denounces her Britishness. Really fuck with the gammons.

She leads to a complication. With Murray we only had Scottish to throw at him when he lost. With her do we call her Canadian, Romanian or Chinese when she loses?

Edited by lanky316
Geographical stupidity when typing

• Paid Members

She's fantastic. She didn't lose outright at Wimbledon either, withdrew due to breathing problems. She hasn't dropped a single set so far in the US Open, which is remarkable. Fingers crossed she pulls it off!

1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Looking forward to watching Djokovic in the final. I can't see anyone usurping him at the top anytime soon. World class. 

Djokovic is a massive cunt. It'd be a shame if he overtook a great ambassador like Federer in grand slam titles. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Eh?

I think he means the types that call Murray all sorts of anti-Scottish slurs when he doesn't win a grand slam. And there are loads out there. 'She's Romanian' was trending on Twitter the other day 😒

• Paid Members

Fucking hell. I love tennis, but my god it's like watching a drawn-out penalty shootout. My heart can't deal with this shit. 

Chuffed for Emma. Without dropping a set! Fernandez can hold her head high after this tournament- she doesn't know when she's beat.

What fantastic careers these two could have if they kick on from this. 

Edited by PunkStep