Strange "Hang on!" theme tunes.

PowerButchi

26 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

This was considered to be close enough to the theme tune to Saban’s X-Men cartoon a lawsuit has been created. But this a title sequence and a half we should all watch.

I haven't really processed fully what I just watched. But I want a series link. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

One that got me as a youngster was a Clint Eastwood film, possibly Pale Rider, had a trailer/advert that had the Channel 4 News music. 

Alan Hawkshow "Best Endeavours"..

During the Four Horsemen Vitamin advert in the 80s, the bloody "Crimewatch" theme appears. John Cameron - "Rescue Helicopter"

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr JL said:

I have it on good information that The Hardy Boyz music used to be on the TVX Freeview. 

As was I heard the original WWF Dudley Bozy intro was may have been used in some capacity.

There was a period during that time period that WWE/WCW were using royalty free music or at least licensing some of it out cheaply. I have vague memories of a Vlad the Impaler documentary which had Goldbergs music on a near constant loop for example and there'll probably be more things like the above where wrestlers music popped up in unlikely places.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, lanky316 said:

There was a period during that time period that WWE/WCW were using royalty free music or at least licensing some of it out cheaply. I have vague memories of a Vlad the Impaler documentary which had Goldbergs music on a near constant loop for example and there'll probably be more things like the above where wrestlers music popped up in unlikely places.

When we had "The History Channel" here, Goldberg's theme was in mostly every programme about World War 2. "Mean" Marc's 1990 music being used when Compo was getting clotheslined over a wall or something was used also in "Last of the Summer Wine".

I also have it on good authority that Booker T's theme was used in the odd TVX Freeview too.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, JNLister said:

The first series of Give Us A Clue had a tune that would become more familiar elsewhere:

Grange Hill was first in 1978, although further research reveals the song is called Chicken Man and is from 1975.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Man_(theme_tune)

My favourite one is this version mashed up with Country Grammar by Nelly, although Freelance Hellraiser does it better.