Summer of Punk III?

CL Punk

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Interesting that reading some salty comments excites you so much as you've just proclaimed your hate for reality tv elsewhere.

This post? From a week ago?

Sure. I’ll be back in a week to post in the celebrity death thread that Sean Lock has “just” died.

Besides, I’m not even sure what parallel you’re trying to draw. What has me finding people being worked by a worker amusing got to do with also happily seeing reality TV being binned?

Other than the initial pop, what is it everybody is looking forward to with Punk returning? What are they expecting? What would everybody want to see happen?

Edit - Just seen mim731 doesn’t want fantasy booking. Never mind. Crack on. 

Edited by Mr Kennedy

2 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Other than the initial pop, what is it everybody is looking forward to with Punk returning? What are they expecting? What would everybody want to see happen?

Edit - Just seen mim731 doesn’t want fantasy booking. Never mind. Crack on. 

Plus this has all been answered - Kevin Nash.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Chili said:

Has CM Punk wrestled lucha with Jerry Lynn in the 70's, put 29,000 in the Garden or defeated Somolian Joe. Get ta fuck. 

King Kev! 

Don't forget he and Shawn Michaels invented hardcore wrestling at In Your House: Good Friends, Better Enemies

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Where's the lie?

In that still image I’m struggling to tell if that’s Roman Reigns or John Cena with a beard. He’s right, the ratings didn’t move with the SoP. But social media wise it did. That said, since Punk that needle has moved, unfortunately for them in the wrong direction.

Roman has missed the point here. It's one thing that bringing in a part-timer gets eyes on the product, but what are you getting eyes on? When the part-timer has gone, what work have you done to keep the eyes on you afterwards? In this instance, I'm sure Roman is very happy that he's standing in the spotlight alongside Cena, but what about the talent in other 90 minutes of Smackdown? What does it give them? Or more importantly, what are they being given to do while the eyes are on them? If all it creates is a spike in revenue that returns to normal in a week or so, then it's redundant. It's a retro sticker on the same broken lunchbox.

Roman isn't as good as Cena, and he doesn't move the needle like The Rock either. Bit silly of him to open himself up for that. 

Obviously it's Vince and his regurgitated verbiage, but it's quite silly for Roman to even mention something like that about Punk, considering he's had countless promos and matches filled with CM Punk chants over the years. 

Roman knows exactly what he's doing there. He's not some noob that's doing his first interview. Of course he's going to stir things up. He's not going to sit there and be like "oh yeah Cena's way better than me" or "we're totally scared of CM Punk and AEW". He's there to get people talking and that's what he's done.