Summer of Punk III?

CL Punk

10 minutes ago, sukhy said:

Roman isn't as good as Cena, and he doesn't move the needle like The Rock either. Bit silly of him to open himself up for that. 

He isn’t claiming he is though. He’s saying people moaning about part timers coming back to main event aren’t as good or important as the part timers. And he is right. 

Punk looks like the only needle he can move is the one attached to a syringe full of heroin towards his arm. 

54 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He isn’t claiming he is though. He’s saying people moaning about part timers coming back to main event aren’t as good or important as the part timers. And he is right. 

Punk looks like the only needle he can move is the one attached to a syringe full of heroin towards his arm. 

I'm just saying that he's just opened himself up by namedropping Punk, who was a bigger star than Roman is. Don't be surprised if there's a lot of CM Punk chants during Summerslam after this.

• Paid Members

Going back to Kevin Nash, I know everyone remembers this segment for Punk's line about his sister's text, but this is the actual most important part, and spot on.

1 minute ago, sukhy said:

I'm just saying that he's just opened himself up by namedropping Punk, who was a bigger star than Roman is.

Oh come on.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Can't say that Punk is my favourite by any means, despite finding him hilarious on commentary. I'd be more than happy if he stuck around in the announce booth after a few AEW matches.

That said, the fact that people are still talking about him after 6-7 years, despite having his arse handed to him in MMA, has to mean something.

As much as what he stands for isn't my cup of tea when it comes to wrestling or wrestlers, I think he does have name value above anything in the WWE barring John Cena or Goldberg (if he counts?).

He's not a household name, but who really is these days? Probably the closest you're going to get in this market.