Daaaaaad!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/vince-mcmahon-scripted-series-wwe-blumhouse-1234988149/

WWE chairman Vince McMahon, who has frequently played the heel on the company’s wrestling shows, will get to be the good guy in a scripted series.

Blumhouse Television is partnering with the WWE to develop a limited series based on McMahon’s 1990s trial for allegedly supplying steroids to members of the WWE roster. "The United States of America vs. Vince McMahon" will be the first scripted portrayal of a part of the company’s history and the stars of that era.

McMahon will be an executive producer of the project along with WWE’s chief of global television distribution Kevin Dunn, McCumber, Blumhouse founder Jason Blum and Jeremy Gold.

With Dunn on production (look out for camera cuts galore) and Vince as a producer, I can't wait for this realistic and even-handed dramatic recreation of the events of 1994's steroid trial. Particularly enjoyed the show's logline:

“with his liberty at stake, two school-aged children at home and with WWE on the brink of bankruptcy, [McMahon] refused to take a plea deal. Ultimately, McMahon stood trial and was acquitted unanimously by a jury of his peers and went on to build a multi-billion-dollar global sports entertainment empire.”

So I guess the big question is, will Vince play himself like he's DeNiro in 'The Irishman'?

I was wondering why Blumhouse would produce this series as they are mainly known for making cheap but profitable horror movies but then I remembered what Ol' Vinnie Mac looks like now...

spacer.png

...he's more frightening than Jason, Freddy and Michael Myers put together.