Terry Funk

The Reverend

I'm genuinely gutted to hear this news. I'd only over the last couple of months discovered Terry Funks NWA and Memphis stuff and felt compelled this past weekend to send my first ever piece of fan mail to him sharing my enjoyment of being in a WWF/E most of my fandom and was totally unaware of his illness 😞 

I hope that if he gets it he can still enjoy the pleasure he's still giving to new fans

• Paid Members

I haven't seen this reported anywhere, nor have I heard anything of Terry Funk having dementia. The only mention I can see of it on Twitter is one Tweet citing Don Muraco's podcast. What's the source?

• Paid Members

Every article I have seen about this have been on shitty sites and all cite Don Muraco's podcast as the source. Pinch of salt required I would imagine until confirmed by more reputable sources.

• Paid Members

He did a Ringo Starr recently and warned people with peace and love not to send him anything to be signed, but that was mostly due to him being physically in bad shape with his hips and the hernia that basically retired him. His wife passed away a couple of years ago, too.

He's a wrestler that's pushing 80, so it's no surprise he's in a bad way, but I'd want to hear from somewhere more reputable than a second hand account of something Don Muraco apparently said was said to him by someone else.

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

He did a Ringo Starr recently and warned people with peace and love not to send him anything to be signed, but that was mostly due to him being physically in bad shape with his hips and the hernia that basically retired him. His wife passed away a couple of years ago, too.

He's a wrestler that's pushing 80, so it's no surprise he's in a bad way, but I'd want to hear from somewhere more reputable than a second hand account of something Don Muraco apparently said was said to him by someone else.

Sadly true and confirmed by PWInsider. Fucking sucks. God bless the Funker. 

spacer.png