The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Two managers in two games seen off by the mighty mustard. 

Norwich are absolutely dreadful. We're piss weak, there's no squad depth, we rarely score, we're not creative enough in midfield, and we've got a defence that's barely mobile.

...And yet somehow, despite giving the teams multiple chances to pull away and leave us in the rear view, they've constantly bottled it. It's like they genuinely don't want to stay up. I know Covid makes the table a bit askew and they'll have some games in hand, but surely we should have been put away by now? We'd scored eight goals prior to the Everton game. Eight! It's absolutely ridiculous. Big Dean Smith has done wonders with those recent results. 

It's going to be one of the worst relegation battles of all time in terms of points - but possibly one of the most exciting in terms of end of season drama. I think Burnley might just scrape themselves out of trouble and someone else will be dragged into the mire like Leeds. as I type this note on the 24th of January, before it all inevitably goes tits up, I genuinely think under Smith we might fluke 17th. Quite possibly with a record low points/goal total. Shithousing our way to survival. Savour it. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
On 1/24/2022 at 6:59 PM, Fatty Facesitter said:

Two managers in two games seen off by the mighty mustard. 

Norwich are absolutely dreadful. We're piss weak, there's no squad depth, we rarely score, we're not creative enough in midfield, and we've got a defence that's barely mobile.

...And yet somehow, despite giving the teams multiple chances to pull away and leave us in the rear view, they've constantly bottled it. It's like they genuinely don't want to stay up. I know Covid makes the table a bit askew and they'll have some games in hand, but surely we should have been put away by now? We'd scored eight goals prior to the Everton game. Eight! It's absolutely ridiculous. Big Dean Smith has done wonders with those recent results. 

It's going to be one of the worst relegation battles of all time in terms of points - but possibly one of the most exciting in terms of end of season drama. I think Burnley might just scrape themselves out of trouble and someone else will be dragged into the mire like Leeds. as I type this note on the 24th of January, before it all inevitably goes tits up, I genuinely think under Smith we might fluke 17th. Quite possibly with a record low points/goal total. Shithousing our way to survival. Savour it. 

My Norwich fan friend reminded me that Ranieri was the third manager to have lost his job following a Norwich win this season. The first was, of course, Daniel Farke. I don't see what Hodgson can offer, unless he's literally there to steady the ship until the end of the season when Mourinho ends up getting the job or something. 

• Paid Members

Gotta feel for Bryan Ferry. Genuinely thought he'd be backed by Levy only to see Liverpool and Barca swoop in on their top two targets. God knows why their main targets are wingers when their midfield is dirge.

Meanwhile, our strategy of getting rid of loads of players but bring nobody in doesn't look too clever. Maybe we'll sign one of the million Brazilian midfielders we're looking at. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Topically, my clubs got NFTs...No Fucking Transfers.....waheeeeeeeeey

I don’t want to post my White Hole reference again but time DOES loop endlessly at Spurs. I find myself wishing we could just get Bale back in for nostalgia even though we did that once.

So what is it?

Conte of Chelsea= Alpha Shagger.

Conte of Spurs= Beta Cuck.

It’ll be interesting to see, if we do sign Diaz, what is mightier. Liverpool’s ability to identify good inside forwards or Tottenham’s ability to identify shit £50m players.

1 hour ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

It's a shame the Traore deal didn't get done. I've been really curious to see what Conte could get out of him since we were linked years ago. I definitely see the potential to enter holy lands and refuse to pull off his shoes.

He turned Victor Moses in to a wingback who resembled a not shit footballer, I imagine he would have worked similar wonders with Traore.

• Paid Members

Traore would never make it as a wingback, he hasn't got the drive for that type of continual workrate.

He was bought to Wolves by Nuno upgrade Matt Doherty in the position, never worked. If Spurs were going that route they've dodged a bullet in my opinion.

Many Wolves fans are gutted, I'm over the moon. Traore is a great MOTD player, fab in highlights. In reality he doesn't track back, the vast majority of his crosses go out for goalkicks or throw ins, his final ball is atrocious for the main.

He is literally too quick for his mental side to keep up with his feet.

Ability wise I think he reached his ceiling under Nuno.

42 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Traore would never make it as a wingback, he hasn't got the drive for that type of continual workrate.

I tend to agree with this. I would say I’d back Conte to get more out of him out of him than Nuno though, what with Conte being a top class manager and that. I read someone compare Traore to an animal set on fire released in to battle to create chaos. Pretty apt.

• Paid Members

Nuno was quite good at coaching wingbacks, he turned Doherty into a bloody good player, enough to get Spurs to cough up money for him.

I honestly feel Nuno could have got more out of Traore, similarly to the Doc and Coady effect, he's made Connor's career. The problem was, and still is, Traore won't go any further.

His best position is right wing, off the bench on the 70 minute mark.

If we get Puig out of this 'friendship' I'll be overjoyed.

Edited by Teedy Kay