Jump to content

The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

The more I think about the postponement tomorrow the more I think it is negligence from Arsenal. Let’s say at the start of the week they didn’t know that they’d have 1 COVID, 1 suspension and 3 injuries this week. They also know the rules are 13+1. That would mean even without the injuries they knew that at the start of this week they could only field a max of 18+1 (assuming they are saying they only have 12+1 now). So even without everything they were gonna rock up tomorrow with only 8 subs (assuming only 1 keeper on bench)? They then got rid of an experienced player knowing that they were already short, meaning they’d have turned up tomorrow with 7 subs? Something doesn’t sit right here at all. Bet there’s a full squad out Wednesday. 

Scott-Steiner-math-promo-e1623985051964.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

So even without everything they were gonna rock up tomorrow with only 8 subs

The bench would be filled with unregistered academy players, like it was against Liverpool the other day (Hutchinson, M'Hand, Biereth and Patino).

Posted
3 hours ago, stewdogg said:

It’s not Arsenals fault at all.

 

7 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

The more I think about the postponement tomorrow the more I think it is negligence from Arsenal.

You’ve gone full Soapdish here.

Posted

I have!

It’s still not Arsenals fault, but they have been negligent. The rules are a farce but Arsenal may have had more than a helping hand to play in it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

 

You’ve gone full Soapdish here.

I’m still waiting for the Sue Grey investigation of my thoughts on the Baywatch movie and will release the results accordingly. It’s not my fault people misquote to pop their mates.

Anyway, let’s all laugh at Arsenal!

  • Paid Members
Posted
17 hours ago, mim731 said:

I understand why Spurs fans are annoyed, and justifiable so, but equally watching their fans boiling in their own juices over this is fucking hilarious. 

I’m only annoyed because I played my Free Hit.

Mrs raid is far more annoyed because she’s had to withstand another round of “Best result possible for Spurs today. Game postponed.”

  • Paid Members
Posted
46 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I’m only annoyed because I played my Free Hit.

Foolish boy! Got to wait right up until the gameweek deadline these days before finalising your team, otherwise it’ll ruin your line up. 

I’m saving my extra Free Hit for a rainy day. Although I did use my second wildcard almost as soon as it dropped in so that I could clear out the deadwood and give my squad extra balance. Sacrificed Ronaldo to strengthen other areas and so far it’s paying off.

This double gameweek nonsense is a bit of a pain mind you, having to bring in certain players for the sake of it because they’ll be playing twice. Means more annoying last minute switches. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Foolish boy! Got to wait right up until the gameweek deadline these days before finalising your team

I did! Deadline was Friday 18:30, game was called off yesterday.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I did! Deadline was Friday 18:30, game was called off yesterday.

The rumours of the game getting called off came out just before if I remember rightly, hence a last minute switcheroo. It was too late to bring in other people without massive points penalties, so simply benched my NLD contingent and switched things up. 

It’s been such a bastard organising FPL teams in recent times. Hard to get any sort of consistency. I understand Dean Smith’s pain now, being given a mountain of shit to organise and just trying to make the best of it. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Benitez gone. Honestly one of the weirdest appointments in footballing history. How did they think it would go?

Can’t wait to see who they rope in next.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Congrats, Branquey, this is the first day of the rest of your life.

Sigurdsson can stop pretending to be sick (admittedly things got a little lost in translation) and come back to work now.

 

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Norwich have quite the history of finishing/almost finishing off Everton managers:

A thought that struck me at the end of the game yesterday (as it won me a bet with a mate that Norwich wouldn't beat Derby's record low points total) - I'm a fairly optimistic Norwich fan, but I'll admit we are pretty weak in comparison to most of the league this year. We've also been pretty hard hit with injury to key players & covid, & apparently aren't one of the clubs that can just ask to have our matches called off. That said, we have gone past the Derby points total at just over the half way point of the season.

I don't remember too much about that Derby team, but... how fucking rancid must they have been??

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...