Jump to content

The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

“You see that video of that footballer kicking a cat? Disgusting. Cannot stand animal abuse.

By the way, managed to pick up that economy Whole Chicken and even managed to find a leg of lamb in the reduced section at Asda”.

 

argument wow GIF

I assume you'll be having nothing to do with your Disney podcast anymore seeing as Disney killed  all those lemmings. 

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

argument wow GIF

I assume you'll be having nothing to do with your Disney podcast anymore seeing as Disney killed  all those lemmings. 

In took 2 hours for you to think of that?!? Your reply was probably better with just your gif.

Make sure they don’t hear you besmirch the brand, They are now funding your club with that documentary.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

“You see that video of that footballer kicking a cat? Disgusting. Cannot stand animal abuse.

By the way, managed to pick up that economy Whole Chicken and even managed to find a leg of lamb in the reduced section at Asda”.

It’s kind of you to remind everyone, from time to time, that you’re still a complete idiot.

  • Paid Members
Posted
14 minutes ago, stumobir said:

It’s kind of you to remind everyone, from time to time, that you’re still a complete idiot.

I mean, you see how animals are treated in Abattoirs right? I was making a basic flippant comment on the double standards of outrage of animal abuse.
 

As an example, Kissimmee have announced they are reviewing their Sponsorship of West Ham following the incident. One of their main partners is Seaworld. But I guess we can't have Dolphins as domestic pets so who cares about their treatment.

Posted

David Moyes can stay in the fucking bin. Any other job you're suspended while they investigate any incidents like this. What do you expect I suppose from that club with their owners, and with Moyes' inferiority complex.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Hardly Bobby Moore’s bracelet from an evidence point of view, is it? Less “pending an investigation” more “we don’t give a shit.”

Posted
23 minutes ago, Factotum said:

David Moyes can stay in the fucking bin. Any other job you're suspended while they investigate any incidents like this. What do you expect I suppose from that club with their owners, and with Moyes' inferiority complex.

Would that kind of action usually be determined by the football manager though? I always assumed such actions as suspending a player would come from higher up the foodchain, and the manager would have to react accordingly?

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, David said:

Would that kind of action usually be determined by the football manager though? I always assumed such actions as suspending a player would come from higher up the foodchain, and the manager would have to react accordingly?

I think team selection is down to Moyles.

As for suspending him, I guess it’s a moral choice if the police aren’t taking action they don’t have to take action. They of course SHOULD have done something. Even just suspending him from the squad for a few games. 
 

But with Gold, Sullivan and Brady as our board, nothing surprises me with dodgy decisions.

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I think team selection is down to Moyles.

They’re in worse condition than I thought!

Posted

 

18 minutes ago, David said:

Would that kind of action usually be determined by the football manager though? I always assumed such actions as suspending a player would come from higher up the foodchain, and the manager would have to react accordingly?

Depends on the club and how authoritative the manager is. A couple of years ago Phil Parkinson banished Aiden McGeady (one of our best players at that time) to train with the U18’s for 6 months for getting spotted eating a McDonalds with Chris Maguire.

Doesn’t surprise me that Moyes is sackless, never had an ounce of leadership when he was up here.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Whilst Moyes doesn't have the power to suspend the player, he can take him out of the squad, whether that be as a punishment or to protect the player from the obvious abuse he was bound to receive from the fans. This whole excuse of 'well West Ham are pushing for top 4' bullshit, I am 100% sure West Hams success does not lay on the shoulders of Kurt fucking Zouma. 

Posted
40 minutes ago, David said:

Would that kind of action usually be determined by the football manager though? I always assumed such actions as suspending a player would come from higher up the foodchain, and the manager would have to react accordingly?

The club should have suspended him immediately pending the investigation. Apparently they left it up to Moyes to decide to pick him or not. According to Talksport they feel vindicated in what they did. Basically fuck everyone involved in it.

  • Paid Members
Posted
26 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Whilst Moyes doesn't have the power to suspend the player, he can take him out of the squad, whether that be as a punishment or to protect the player from the obvious abuse he was bound to receive from the fans. This whole excuse of 'well West Ham are pushing for top 4' bullshit, I am 100% sure West Hams success does not lay on the shoulders of Kurt fucking Zouma. 

Also it wasn’t West Ham pushing for the top 4 playing against Arsenal last night. It was against fucking Watford.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...