The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Moving onto current football, does Frenkie De Jong actually want to move to United? Sounds like he really, really wants to stay and United are still putting their eggs in this basket. 

Of course he doesn't want to join Man United. United wouldn't pay him any heed at all if he actually did want to move to them. Such an incredibly well run club should, of course, only want what it can't have. 

I swear, I could have a conversation with the dog at 3am and between us (the dog more than me) in about ten minutes we could come up with a more sensible, direct, less drawn out transfer strategy than this gaggle of buck eijits have managed in the last nine years. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Moving onto current football, does Frenkie De Jong actually want to move to United? Sounds like he really, really wants to stay and United are still putting their eggs in this basket. 

Sounds like he neither wants to leave Barcelona nor sacrifice any of his deferred wages in order to stay. So effectively, he's going to end up forcing their hand into selling him against his wishes which would be remarkable.

• Paid Members

There's an absolute ton of excellent midfielders that are available right now so of course United are spending all their time and resources on one that's practically handcuffed himself to the radiator at Barca's training ground.

But Fred scored a 25 yard chip against Liverpool yesterday so obviously everything will be fine.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

It's likely I'm getting the clubs wrong, but the scenario of being co-owned by and playing for 2 clubs is something I've always remembered. Most likely remembered it incorrectly though. 

Edit: Adriano was owned by both Inter and Palma. I think he played half a season for each or something like that. Not exactly what I was saying, but at least I know I'm not going crazy. 

Similar to this is the case of Rose Reilly, former Scottish women's international. In the 1978-79 season she won 2 different league titles in Italy and France, playing for Lecce on Saturday nights before flying to France to play for Reims on Sunday afternoons. Nice wee bit of trivia.

How much of that transfer fee do we reckon Leeds will see? What an absolute basket case Barce are. I can see them using bankruptcy to force La Liga in to letting them break the rules or some mad shit soon. Maybe even doing a Rangers but starting again in the top division.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:32 PM, dopper said:

Ellen White took both of her goals really well, but should have had 4 or 5 at least. She had plenty of chances in the Austria game last week too.

Similar story last night, whereas Russo was the opposite: clinical to start with and then missed a few sitters late on.

Overall though, I thought it was a better team performance than the Norway game.

Surprised Beth Mead got a full 90 minutes.