The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

I'll be keeping an eye on Burnley this season. They signed CJ Egan-Riley, who lives at the end of my street. I'm mates with his grandparents so I get updates on his career. It's going to be interesting to see how many City academy kids wind up there and how they do in the Championship.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

I'm mates with his grandparents so I get updates on his career. 

Love shit like this. The more tenuous the better. My mum used to do a spot of house cleaning for Anthony Gardner's sister-in-law.

19 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Love shit like this. The more tenuous the better. My mum used to do a spot of house cleaning for Anthony Gardner's sister-in-law.

I used to work at a KFC in Manchester City Centre. Ryan Giggs came in one night and left a tip for the staff, becoming one of only two people to tip me in that job. The other was the bloke who plays Dev on Corrie.

Both were thus sentimental favourites in institutions I could otherwise do without.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

I used to work at a KFC in Manchester City Centre. Ryan Giggs came in one night and left a tip for the staff, becoming one of only two people to tip me in that job. 

Last one from me (I promise) - I met Dean Ashton in the bogs in the Cambrian pub in Aberystwyth, right as he was starting to knock them in regularly for Crewe Alex. He started quizzing me as a random stranger, if I knew whether he was dressed well enough to get into Pier Pressure (LOL!) - he was delighted that I'd heard of him, as by sheer chance one of my mates was/is a massive Crewe fan and Ashton had recently become his hero. Lovely bloke. Although that might be a Death Star-addled memory.

I grew up with Andy Myers, and always like to see what he's up to. He would still come back to the estate when he was at Chelsea and would give my sister shirts, signed footballs, boots, tickets. 

Last time I checked he was still at Chelsea in a technical coach role.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

I used to work at a KFC

Give us the scoops, boss!

TUHhzKFp_400x400.jpg.8f8d79c4fda5fe0bf4b8d0ff018f5c5b.jpg

Andy Carroll was at our ground (where I coach) a couple of months ago, watching his son play against one of our younger teams. I'm assuming he injured himself just watching his son play. 

• Paid Members

Many years ago, for his breakfast, Stuart Dallas used to be partial to these (like all the rest of us) out of the tuck shop at our Dungannon United Youth home ground. 

They were a particular favourite while we all froze our knackers off in the clubhouse waiting to leave for away games. Shell suit pockets full of the bastards as we headed off to get bricks thrown at the bus windows against Sunnyside in Lurgan. 

download.jpeg

• Paid Members

Jack Wilshire has retired from football at the age of 30. He was playing in Denmark. Presumably injuries have caught up with him. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Jack Wilshire has retired from football at the age of 30. He was playing in Denmark. Presumably injuries have caught up with him. 

Sounds like he's joining the u-18 coaching staff at Arsenal. It's a real Shane he could never stay fit long enough to fulfill his potential, but we'll always have this

• Paid Members

There's a 'hilarious' meme of him holding up protective boots with a caption about him hanging up his boots. It's a cracker, lads.

It's a big shame as he could've gone on to be a great for club and country, I'm convinced by that. But we've known for years that his game was up. His insistence to hold onto the ball for just that split second too long to invite the tackle has taken its toll on his body.