The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

I can see the benefits of 2x30 minute halves but it's not workable at grassroots level. To make it work you really need an independent time keeper as it's not practical for the referee to have to stop and restart his watch for every stoppage. 

This has been a trend for a while though, every time IFAB introduce changes it widens the gap between the top and bottom of the game. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, MungoChutney said:

I can see the benefits of 2x30 minute halves but it's not workable at grassroots level. To make it work you really need an independent time keeper as it's not practical for the referee to have to stop and restart his watch for every stoppage. 

Yeah, and the average game of football doesn't last that long if you're stopping the clock every time there's a stoppage. So the games will, on the whole, be longer and adds workload to an already ridiculously packed schedule.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Apparently Spurs have agreed a fee for Djed Spence. Only seen him play twice.

Forest and Boro fans, what are we getting?

I wouldn't ask Boro fans, they seem to be very bitter and resentful towards him.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah, and the average game of football doesn't last that long if you're stopping the clock every time there's a stoppage. So the games will, on the whole, be longer and adds workload to an already ridiculously packed schedule.

Plus, and I don’t want to infringe on a certain posters gimmick here, but time wasting genuinely has a place in football. Running down the clock is proper shit and I despise it when it happens to my team but it’s a fair enough tactic if you ask me. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Bad attitude at Boro apparently and Warnock didn’t think too much of him. He’s been phenomenal for us this season though, could be it was just a bad fit at Boro. Sad to see him go but he was always destined for bigger and better things. Played a big part in getting us promoted.

Top shithouser as well

31 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Bad attitude at Boro apparently and Warnock didn’t think too much of him. He’s been phenomenal for us this season though, could be it was just a bad fit at Boro. Sad to see him go but he was always destined for bigger and better things. Played a big part in getting us promoted.

Top shithouser as well

Excellent. Lovely medal he has there. His Premier League winners one next season will look even better :)

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Four minutes long, is he taking the piss? That's a lot of effort for a pretty mediocre 8 year spell.

Still better than a mediocre 18 year spell.

16 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

No bitterness from me, He is in the TAA mould and will provide plenty of assists to Kane and Son but can be slow to get back into defence. 

The reason he was shipped out on loan was a bust up with Warnock. I wish him the best and I am just glad his breakout season has hid the emergence of Isiah Jones who I think offers more. 

Going back to the Dutch trialling kick-ins I would like to see them go one further and bring the advertising hoardings as the touchline at hip height and players are actively encouraged to bump their opponents over the top. Also one-twos 5-a-side style would be cool.