The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

All of those are awful and unnecessary so obviously FIFA will implement them immediately. Also, they've pushed them back a season.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

-Goalkeeper not allowed to use hands.

-Passback rule extended to passing back to the defence. 

-If 0-0 at half time, introduce a second ball for the next half. 

-Feats of skill a bookable offence, at the discretion of the referee. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Those are all appalling apart from unlimited subs.

They're trialling this in a couple of Brazilian state leagues that I saw a bit of at the weekend. From what I could tell, as my Portuguese is a bit rusty, I don't think you're allowed to do them in the last 15 minutes. Presumably to prevent timewasting.

The Houchen Ruling where if an offending player successfully shithouses and gets away with it the var review credits said player with a get out of yellow free card to be cashed in upon received yellow. If the player gets away with a serious offence it’s upgraded to cover red cards too.

Edited by Mr_Danger

22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They're trialling this in a couple of Brazilian state leagues that I saw a bit of at the weekend. From what I could tell, as my Portuguese is a bit rusty, I don't think you're allowed to do them in the last 15 minutes. Presumably to prevent timewasting.

Maybe Bahia can be given special dispensation due to their lovely shirts.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Bunch of fucking throw-in loving Rory Delaps, the lot of you. You all get everything wrong. First Bond, now this. 

Ahh, now it makes sense.

The number of these against Arsenal is hilarious. What a team of weaklings.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I mastered the art of scoring direct from throw-ins with Mario Melchiot in Pro Evo 2/3, deadly anywhere around the box. I didn't score every time, but if I got it on-target landing high at the back post the keeper's getting stuck in that "Seaman from the Ronaldinho free-kick" animation and watching the ball loop over him every time. Often to cries of "that shouldn't count!", poetry in motion.

• Paid Members

Kick-ins were in the original MLS season, I think? Not a fan of the five minute off the field penalty for a yellow card. You could have two players verbalise each other then when they get to the touchline, it bloody happens again.

9 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

No one other than the keeper should handle the ball during play

That would be hand ball. Throw ins aren't "in play" :)

To be honest I think throw ins are stupid but don't think kick ins are the answer. Its not fucking Powerleague.

• Paid Members

Kick-ins are fine in futsal when it's just a small pitch and there's no huge advantage to one, but using them in the field version is ridiculous. The game will regress back to the 80s where teams are full of tall lads to bombard set pieces at.