The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator

He’s well known for being a genuinely sound bloke*. Mate of mine played for Everton youth in the early 90s and when his Dad died, Duncan went looking looking for him knowing he’d be in a local boozer with a messed up head. He found and sat with him for hours, letting Baz talk about his old man. He was a first team PL player and gave up an evening for a youth team player.

* unless you’re a burglar.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

He’s well known for being a genuinely sound bloke*. Mate of mine played for Everton youth in the early 90s and when his Dad died, Duncan went looking looking for him knowing he’d be in a local boozer with a messed up head. He found and sat with him for hours, letting Baz talk about his old man. He was a first team PL player and gave up an evening for a youth team player.

* unless you’re a burglar.

* or Moise Kean.

• Awards Moderator

The game was incredible. The atmosphere was off the map, apart from the away fans who were as awful as ever when they visit.

We absolutely battered them from about the 25th minute onwards. They offered nothing. Like all Tories, Harry Kane was a useless waste of space. Conor Gallagher is a Rolls Royce of a player and was everywhere. Wilf tore the back out of them, I still love Jimmy Mc more than most of my family, Marc Guéhi is the real deal and I Wanna Be Edouard.

I’m currently being a pest on the train home. It was my first game back and I’ve missed this so, so much.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Couldn't believe how absolutely awful Spurs were, even for Spurs, and especially given their start to the season. Dele Alli is now a terrible football player, fucking hell. Guehi looks absolutely great, Gallagher too. Palace will be alright.

Newcastle didn't deserve to lose 4-1 and Saint-Maximin is great. They actually defended well but United's forward line is so good that it barely matters. Wouldn't be surprised to see United break the season goals record and finish fourth because they're not even bothering with a DM now. Shaw and Greenwood were ridiculous.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Couldn't believe how absolutely awful Spurs were, even for Spurs, and especially given their start to the season. Dele Alli is now a terrible football player, fucking hell. Guehi looks absolutely great, Gallagher too. Palace will be alright.

We’ll be more than alright. Once Olise finds his feet and Eze comes back, we’ll be ripping defences to shreds. We just need to take Joel Ward round the back and put him down, and show Kouyaté a shiny penny to distract him and we’ll have a top-half team.

10 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

We absolutely battered them from about the 25th minute onwards. They offered nothing

Now this might sound mad seeing as how terribly fucking shit we can be sometimes, but I can't remember the last time we played that badly, even last season under HIM.

That was just miserable from every single player. Tanganga calling Zaha a pussyhole was the sole highlight for Spurs. 

Maybe they can thaw out Ledley Kings good knee for next week against Chelsea. 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Now this might sound mad seeing as how terribly fucking shit we can be sometimes, but I can't remember the last time we played that badly, even last season under HIM.

That was just miserable from every single player. Tanganga calling Zaha a pussyhole was the sole highlight for Spurs. 

Maybe they can thaw out Ledley Kings good knee for next week against Chelsea. 

Would be interesting if we hadn’t lost Dier early on but anyway I was very surprised by the lack of discipline from Spurs, if Tanganga hadn’t bought down Zaha then we may have scrapped an undeserved draw as Palace didn’t really create too many clear cut chances even though they hammered us. We’ve had a stinking international break too, Skipp didn’t look fit yesterday but had to play, Son and Bergwijn also injured and how we could’ve done with Sanchez starting or Romero to come on to replace Dier. Our squad looks really thin already. We’ll have to play an u-23 team on Thursday as can’t risk anymore injuries and then we’re gonna get pumped by Chelsea next weekend too. 
I bet we don’t release any players for the next South American international break. 

spacer.png

The Leeds fans were their usual delightfully selves but the tackle and subsequent injury clearly wasn’t intended. It’s a shame for him but he’s young enough to bounce back and it being a dislocation hopefully means it won’t have any lasting implications.