Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

11 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

This is what it was like watching Royal Rumble 1993!

Screenshot_20211119-215101_Twitter.jpg

I'm seeing quotes like this all over the place at the moment and it's a really bad faith argument.  It's 2021 - a kid today has access to every piece of information they could ever need at the touch of a button.  If they really wanted to know what happened to Bray Wyatt they would have the choice of 1000 different YouTubers explaining it to them, let alone a simple Google/Wikipedia search.  This isn't the early 90s and us wondering what happened to Big Bully Busick. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

This isn't the early 90s and us wondering what happened to Big Bully Busick. 

Ah, for me it was acquiring old stacks of WWF Magazines in the mid 90s and wondering “Who the hell was Big Bully Busick?” Or possibly the white 91 trading cards. Fuck knows how I got hold of packs of those considering my fandom didn’t really start til around Mania IX.

Not to go off on a tangent but there was a good 20 years where there was stuff I only had old WWF Magazines for reference until eventually everything that ever happened started going up on YouTube and I could finally start piecing together reality vs bollocks. Like, did Coach ACTUALLY manage the Beverlys if they only showed up on Coliseum already with The Genius? Was Battle Kats finisher as cool as it sounded? Was there actually any real hype for Bundy coming back to feud with Bret? Did Big Bully Busick even exist?

• Awards Moderator
43 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

I'm seeing quotes like this all over the place at the moment and it's a really bad faith argument.  It's 2021 - a kid today has access to every piece of information they could ever need at the touch of a button.  If they really wanted to know what happened to Bray Wyatt they would have the choice of 1000 different YouTubers explaining it to them, let alone a simple Google/Wikipedia search.  This isn't the early 90s and us wondering what happened to Big Bully Busick. 

Unless they’re sitting down in front of the telly with their parents, kids are probably watching the shows on YouTube in the first place. Even easier when the suggested videos at the side give you this information.

One day, every child will know what happened to Big Bully Busick.

50 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

I don’t think it’s a case of they can’t get the information, just the sheer randomness of characters, some of whom they’ve investedtonnes of TV into, just simply disappearing. Imagine switching on Game of Thrones part way though Series 4 and all of The Lannisters were gone

• Paid Members
Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

Imagine switching on Game of Thrones part way though Series 4 and all of The Lannisters were gone

Wouldn’t bat an eyelid. I switched on at the start of Series 4 and all the Starks were gone.

…..Still too soon?

8 hours ago, air_raid said:

Not to go off on a tangent but there was a good 20 years where there was stuff I only had old WWF Magazines for reference until eventually everything that ever happened started going up on YouTube and I could finally start piecing together reality vs bollocks. Like, did Coach ACTUALLY manage the Beverlys if they only showed up on Coliseum already with The Genius? Was Battle Kats finisher as cool as it sounded? Was there actually any real hype for Bundy coming back to feud with Bret? Did Big Bully Busick even exist?

No, I don't think Jonathan Coachman ever managed the Beverly Brothers. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Didn't he go AWOL at a house show recently, just walked out during a match. I hope he can get any help that he needs, it's rough seeing how many times his demons catch up to him.

Apparently WWE offered him rehab which he rejected; really sad especially after recently watching him on the Austin network show where he was talking about how he knows this is his last chance.

• Paid Members

it's a very charitable interpretation, but it may be that he knew that refusing rehab would get him released, and maybe he wanted out. Him turning down help at WWE's hand doesn't mean he's refusing help all together, and I hope he finds the support he needs elsewhere.