Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

41 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m a little surprised with how witless Roddy Strong comes across here, he really struggles to keep up with RJ City. It possibly explains why he’s failed to evolve the humour in his character much beyond yelling ‘ADAM!’ 

I really recommend the one with Adam Copeland from last week. He's really into it and tried to really catch out RJ City. Copeland also has a brilliant cackle but unfortunately wasn't asked why he actually looked so much like Stewart Copeland of The Police in his younger years.

'Edging and Christian' might be my favourite line of the year. RJ City should have non wrestler of the year in the bag.

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

I really recommend the one with Adam Copeland from last week. He's really into it and tried to really catch out RJ City. Copeland also has a brilliant cackle but unfortunately wasn't asked why he actually looked so much like Stewart Copeland of The Police in his younger years.

'Edging and Christian' might be my favourite line of the year. RJ City should have non wrestler of the year in the bag.

Oh I’ve seen it - it’s the one AEW show I keep up with on a weekly basis, RJ City is fantastic and deserves the support. I really hope he wins non-wrestler of the year, but he definitely has competition from Taz, Renee Paquette and Wade Barrett. I could see Prince Nana picking up a few votes too. 

• Paid Members

yeah, the Roderick Strong one was not good, or at least at its best was good in spite of Roderick Strong. The best episodes are where the guest is either completely, performatively not playing along with RJ's act - like Taz or Minoru Suzuki - or where they're almost trying to one-up his own schtick, like Adam Copeland and Jeff Jarrett. Strong just seemed to freeze after every question, and to have no comic instincts to speak of, which is a shame because at its best this character is the most interesting he's ever been. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

yeah, the Roderick Strong one was not good, or at least at its best was good in spite of Roderick Strong. The best episodes are where the guest is either completely, performatively not playing along with RJ's act - like Taz or Minoru Suzuki - or where they're almost trying to one-up his own schtick, like Adam Copeland and Jeff Jarrett. Strong just seemed to freeze after every question, and to have no comic instincts to speak of, which is a shame because at its best this character is the most interesting he's ever been. 

I felt the inclusion of Marina improved things a bit which is funny because usually her inclusion normally diminishes things.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Great stuff. It should be on TV! Drives me crazy they don't put all this good stuff on telly. Imagine if they binned Jericho off and just used the extra 20 mins each week for stuff like this...the dream.

• Paid Members

Should be a weekly vignette. Where did Shaq vanish to, Danhausen?! What happened to William Regal’s Time Machine? Why does Chris Jericho no longer wrestle on live television? Will there ever be two women’s matches on a single episode of Dynamite?

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Great stuff. It should be on TV! Drives me crazy they don't put all this good stuff on telly. Imagine if they binned Jericho off and just used the extra 20 mins each week for stuff like this...the dream.

I totally agree - same goes with Hey EW, surely there's room for an edited version of that to appear on one of their shows each week? There's so much great side content buried away in AEW, that would make even the good shows better. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

What I really want to know is: Who's tie and jacket is that?

Bound to be Shawn Michaels.

• 3 weeks later...