Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

What stupid error do you keep making in your day-to-day life and never learn from?

My favourite is opening the oven door and getting my face too close to the blast of heat that escapes from it when I go to check on something. Amazed I haven't needed a skin graft yet.

Posted

Getting in the bath before the kids have gone to bed. Two things will happen, the little lad will come in smiling getting undressed and tell me his mum sent him in (she hasn’t) before getting in my scolding hot bath, complaining it’s too hot before he puts the cold tap on and pisses in the bath whilst not breaking eye contact with me, still smiling. The other thing that will happen is his sister will come in and do a shit on the toilet. Every time.

Posted

Doing sandwiches in the grill without putting a tray under them. My work from home lunch practically every day is a greasy tuna cheese sandwich and every few weeks we have to scrape a cheese graveyard of Pompeii proportions from the bottom of the grill because dickhead here keeps refusing to put a tray under what he's toasting. 

Posted

Aside from doing the blast of heat from the oven thing, I also have an issue with plugs. In the living room one of our sockets has two extensions plugged in. One is for my work station and the other is the router and house phone/answer machine. Guess which one I keep turning off at night by mistake?

Clue: it's the one that takes down Netflix and Xbox Live in one fell swoop.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
14 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Sitting with my leg under me when I'm sitting on my computer chair, then wondering why my leg has gone to sleep. 

Every single day. At least twice.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Buying seven Karpackies when I finish work knowing full well I have work again the next morning. I keep telling myself I won't, but I always do. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Buying seven Karpackies when I finish work knowing full well I have work again the next morning. I keep telling myself I won't, but I always do. 

Why 7? Very specific number. 

Posted

I have a water bottle with a built in straw, the lid opens to allow you to drink from it. If you put the lid onto the bottle whilst the lid is fully shut the water floods the lid and it leaks instantly and water runs down the side of the bottle. Something to do with science and the straw being bent. 

I forget to open the lid twice a day whilst making water and I am infuriated every single time. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Buying a coffee before getting on the bus to work, then remembering I can't take my mask off to drink it until I get off and its gone cold and manky. The habit from pre-covid times is just too strong.

Edited by DCW
  • Paid Members
Posted

To not leave her alone when the dog gives me that look.

  • Moderators
Posted
4 hours ago, Nexus said:

Sitting with my leg under me when I'm sitting on my computer chair, then wondering why my leg has gone to sleep. 

For me it's playing my switch on the toilet until my legs go numb, but I have no regrets tbh.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...