WWE Network going in the US

Hannibal Scorch

3 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

I think uou may be overestimating how much they care about wrestling or know about it. They will have men in suits w no idea what a 'subpar' show looks like, cos to them it'll all be play fighting men in trunks. I may be wrong but TV executives haven't a history of knowing what good or bad wrestling looks like. 

They know what a TV show should look like.
Even someone with the most basic of knowledge of what wrestling is knows the difference between a WWE show and an EVOLVE show filmed in a Fire Station

6 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They know what a TV show should look like.
Even someone with the most basic of knowledge of what wrestling is knows the difference between a WWE show and an EVOLVE show filmed in a Fire Station

That's production though. I assumed the poster was talking about booking. Which must execs won't be all that interested in I'd imagine. Until ratings crash. 

1 hour ago, MEGABUCKS said:

I think Vince will sell his company sooner than later. He's enjoying his last few big deals and I can see him cashing out. Kind of like that promo he did 20 years ago about killing his own creation. I think he's been killing it slowly on purpose but not completly so that their is some value left when its time to sell

He's also a 75 year old man who has just lost his 77 year old older brother.  Surely if there is any sign that it might be worth riding off into the sunset and enjoying what's left of his life, that is it.

• Paid Members

Or NBC offered them the billion for the five years and they realised that the WWE Network (domestically) wouldn’t make that amount in the same time period so went with what made business sense for a publicly-traded company with shareholders.

People love to make up shit and speculate some ulterior motive instead of just looking as a business deal as exactly that: a business deal. 

1 hour ago, MEGABUCKS said:

I think Vince will sell his company sooner than later. He's enjoying his last few big deals and I can see him cashing out. Kind of like that promo he did 20 years ago about killing his own creation. I think he's been killing it slowly on purpose but not completly so that their is some value left when its time to sell

That last bit makes no sense, why would anyone intentionally weaken a product they intend to sell?

I think NBC offered $1 Billion for what really amounts to just a back catalogue of stuff and airing of future events, and Vince didnt hesitate, why would he turn it down.

Nothing has changed for WWE management as far as we know, NBC arnt going to suddenly takeover and command control, everything else remains the same aside from the company is a $Billion better off for it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

That's production though. I assumed the poster was talking about booking. Which must execs won't be all that interested in I'd imagine. Until ratings crash. 

As I said, after a subpar Wrestlemania. I'm going on the basis of ratings crashing and Wrestlemania not drawing the numbers expected. That's when I think they might start having thoughts on improving the product.

• Paid Members

I don't think they care about ratings, they just care about money. Ratings are in the toilet, but they've had their most profitable year in history. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I got a Chromcast with Google TV for Christmas so had been messaging around with various US apps with VPN on it before this announcement. I have the Peacock app without a subscription and there's loads of free films and series even without a sub. 

Haven't tried getting a subscription to this but did get HBO Max via Google Play, but it wasn't straight forward and I almost gave up before a pay by Google Play box appeared on the Chromecast after trying numerous ways on laptop.