WWE Network going in the US

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PowerButchi said:

4.,99 a month? Fucking hell, if it goes to a fiver over here I'd get it again in a flash. Unlikely like as they're not doing much with Comcast over here anymore, but still.

That's an add on to Peacock So you will need Peacock Plus at $4.99 as well or £9.99 if you want the premium without ads version. So for most it will be the same price

Is this anything to do with NBCSN closing up at the end of the year and the likes of NHL and NASCAR moving to USA Network?

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6678669002

Im still under the subscription I’ve had since it launched, paying the US price but it accesses the UK/Euro version, so I’ll just leave it and see if still works. If not I’ll see if I can be bothered to re-sub

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That's an add on to Peacock So you will need Peacock Plus at $4.99 as well or £9.99 if you want the premium without ads version. So for most it will be the same price

It's not an add-on. It's part of Peacock Plus.

3 minutes ago, JNLister said:

It's not an add-on. It's part of Peacock Plus.

Does that mean they will include adverts then for all of the WWE Network content? On my news feed recently there was lots of moaning that people are paying $4.99 per month to stream The Office with ad breaks, so youd be better off buying the DVD Boxset to watch it ad free. $4.99 a month to watch all the back catalouge of wrestling but with a load of ads thrown in it seems like an awful offer to me.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Apparently Wall Street Journal are saying it's worth $1b over 5 years.

Nice work if you can get it.

Which works out as meaning NBC needs to attract 1.6 million new subscribers to make it profitable (including however many of the current 1.1 million US WWE Network subscribers come over). That's 1.6 million people, only from the US, and who don't have Comcast/Cox cable (which includes Peacock Premium for free) or subscribe to Peacock already.

At a time around only 2.2 million Americans watch WWE on free TV.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Dai said:

Does that mean they will include adverts then for all of the WWE Network content? On my news feed recently there was lots of moaning that people are paying $4.99 per month to stream The Office with ad breaks, so youd be better off buying the DVD Boxset to watch it ad free. $4.99 a month to watch all the back catalouge of wrestling but with a load of ads thrown in it seems like an awful offer to me.

I'd assume all the VOD stuff will have ads inserted unless you are on the Premium Plus.

Presumably the live shows would have to be ad-free unless they're going to have three minute headlocks in the middle of every PPV match.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PowerButchi said:

Whoever's working out these deals for WWE is a genius. Is there likely to be any kind of clause to get out if it goes tits up? Or will Comcast be stuck with it?

Given NBC is so much bigger than WWE, they'd be insane not to have a get-out. If nothing else, there must be the possibility that NBC decides to ditch Peacock itself at some point if the service doesn't prove profitable.