WWE Network going in the US

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I do wonder what'll happen to the network outside of the USA in light of this, unless this means we're going to get some kind of Peacock equivalent over here as well?

We do - Now TV. Peacock is based off of that tech. So I imagine it's shit. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

WWE stuff is on Hulu for now. The talk last year was ESPN+ was going to be getting the PPV’s and possibly adding the exclusives and older PPVs to Disney+ but that obviously never happened 

Disney+ content has to be PG rated I believe. That would cut out a fair chunk of WWE content.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Answer me this Scorch - who owns Sky? 

As of 2018 Comcast. Want to tell me when Now TV was launched?

@LaGoosh it is until the launch of Star+ next month which will add a load of mature content. But that was a rumour. I would have been surprised to see it included as part of Disney+ myself, but would have been a nice fit for ESPN+ (which I believe was something you could add on to the D+ app in the states as well as have separately).

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As of 2018 Comcast. Want to tell me when Now TV was launched?

2012. Not sure why that's relevant? Comcast liked the look of Now TV and decided to use the tech for their own OTT system once they bought Sky. 

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/01/28/comcast-to-build-on-skys-now-tv-platform/

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

2012. Not sure why that's relevant? Comcast liked the look of Now TV and decided to use the tech for their own OTT system once they bought Sky. 

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/01/28/comcast-to-build-on-skys-now-tv-platform/

But Now TV is nothing like Peacock when using it, suggesting you have either not used either or only one of them (i've used the free bits of Peacock as that all I can access). This is pretty pointless. Peacock is literally NBC and it's back catalogue. Now TV is Sky's output and associated bits like their deal with HBO. NBC is nothing in the UK as they have never had a presence. It would make sense to add it to the Now TV service, but I don't see it happening. Same way we never got Hulu in the UK. 

• Paid Members
Just now, marc2j said:

So, for any of the tech nerds who use VPN, is it even possible to get Peacock in the UK with some VPN-gubbins, to take advantage of the Dollar rate and cheapness or is that a no go?

You can get access to it. What you can't do is pay for it. Or I haven't been able to. But add in the cost of a VPN that works and how much would you really be saving?

• Paid Members
Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

But Now TV is nothing like Peacock when using it, suggesting you have either not used either or only one of them (i've used the free bits of Peacock as that all I can access). This is pretty pointless. Peacock is literally NBC and it's back catalogue. Now TV is Sky's output and associated bits like their deal with HBO. NBC is nothing in the UK as they have never had a presence. It would make sense to add it to the Now TV service, but I don't see it happening. Same way we never got Hulu in the UK. 

Now TV also has a huge amount of NBC content (30 Rock, Mindy Project, those shitty Chicago shows, tonnes more) because they are both owned by Comcast and work very closely together. It's also built on the same tech. Hence why I suggested it's the UK equivalent of Peacock. I didn't say it was exactly the same, so not sure why you're so het up about it.