The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So regular fans DID know who Joe Hendry was? Maybe they should have had him pop up at CotC after all

In fairness, the tiny crowd at NXT is hardly a massive or necessarily reflective sample size. Chuffed for Joe Hendry, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a big reaction in an arena full of people who may not be following anything outside main roster WWE. 

Yeah agree with the above.

Remember back in the Takeover days of 2017-19 when everyone on NXT was getting a megastar reaction, and the minute they were called up the main roster most were met with complete apathy and silence through there matches,

Similar would happen with Joe Hendry if he had randomly appeared on Raw this week instead of NXT.

38 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So regular fans DID know who Joe Hendry was? Maybe they should have had him pop up at CotC after all

These "regular fans" are going to be a lot of the same people that would go along to Dark/ROH/TNA tapings when in Orlando. From what I understand of NXT tapings these days they aren't even on general sale. You have to sign up to a Facebook group and getted bussed in & out of the PC.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

These "regular fans" are going to be a lot of the same people that would go along to Dark/ROH/TNA tapings when in Orlando. From what I understand of NXT tapings these days they aren't even on general sale. You have to sign up to a Facebook group and getted bussed in & out of the PC.

That’s quite the assumption . I’m not saying there aren’t people who would go to both, but I’d say WWE fans are less likely to go to TNA/AEW tapings then the other way round. But also when was the last time TNA even filmed at Universal, looks like they haven’t been to the Impact Zone since 2018. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That’s quite the assumption . I’m not saying there aren’t people who would go to both, but I’d say WWE fans are less likely to go to TNA/AEW tapings then the other way round. But also when was the last time TNA even filmed at Universal, looks like they haven’t been to the Impact Zone since 2018. 

NXT crowds are more internet-savvy nerdy hardcore fans than the remaining 8 or 9000 who fill out the rest of a RAW or Smackdown taping, I think is the point. I haven’t watched much since 2.0 (though I have been tempted to restart and Joe Hendry cross over appearances certainly sweetens the deal!) but it was certainly the case for the black and gold run. An NXT crowd knowing who someone is would be more akin to an AEW or Indie audience knowing them, not necessarily indicative of the rest of the WWE audience. 

But yeah, echo the sentiments about Joe Hendry, absolutely chuffed for him and hope they get behind him and have further plans after this. The man is brilliant and should be on a bigger stage. 

Edited by JLM

19 hours ago, mim731 said:

In fairness, the tiny crowd at NXT is hardly a massive or necessarily reflective sample size. Chuffed for Joe Hendry, don't get me wrong, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a big reaction in an arena full of people who may not be following anything outside main roster WWE. 

Im presumed that they are 'aware' of him, and 'aware' of the theme song, and 'aware' that it's cool.

Whether they have followed or watched him Im not so sure.

In a nutshell; I suspect many of them are aware of the meme more than the man.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Im presumed that they are 'aware' of him, and 'aware' of the theme song, and 'aware' that it's cool.

Whether they have followed or watched him Im not so sure.

In a nutshell; I suspect many of them are aware of the meme more than the man.

21 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That’s quite the assumption 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Something really great about Ethan Page slagging off AEW this week for being a disorganised mess, then being crowned NXT Champion by the weekend. What a business. It’s all about the game, and how you play it.