PS5

Weezenal

Not sure if it'll apply here, but isn't there always the chance that initial batches of machines can be a bit prone to issues? Wasn't there the whole "red ring of death" carry-on a while back?

Regardless, I'll likely dive in and buy a PS5 some time next Spring I reckon.

1 minute ago, David said:

Not sure if it'll apply here, but isn't there always the chance that initial batches of machines can be a bit prone to issues? Wasn't there the whole "red ring of death" carry-on a while back?

That was pretty much all Xbox 360's until very late models but yeah it happens, the early PS4's could overheat quite a bit IIRC.

I pre-ordered, then realised I didn't really want one (not arsed about saving a few seconds of loading time, haven't got a 4K TV so won't get the benefit of the graphics and all that shit, and absolutely bollocks to paying 70 quid for a game), couldn't cancel online because I'd checked out as a guest, kept meaning to ring up to cancel, never got round to it, then had an email last night saying my order's being processed. So it looks like I'm getting one.

As far as exclusive games go, don't forget the built in title, Astro's Playroom, which seems to be getting reviewed well: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-06-astros-playroom-review-a-uniquely-tactile-platformer-thats-the-beating-heart-of-ps5

The previous Astro title for the Playstation VR is arguably the best game for that system so I'm looking forward to this. 

• Paid Members

I was originally happy to wait, no big exclusives and most games still look great on the Pro and One X to me. But got jealous after all the hype of the first preorders and fearmongering over there being no more stock until Spring, so I jumped right in when the second wave of preorders hit and managed to nab a bundle from GAME. Got COD and Miles Morales coming with it, will upgrade MM to get Spidey Remastered too and I'm all set for a good launch!

I've had MRSA that worryingly won't shift for a few months now, I'm having to shield for fuck knows how long, life's miserable. This new toy will be a much welcomed distraction.

48 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The previous Astro title for the Playstation VR is arguably the best game for that system so I'm looking forward to this. 

Good man. Rescue Mission is quietly one of the best and most inventive platformers ever made.

12 hours ago, David said:

Then come Christmas you can palm it off to your cleaner.