WWE Hell in a Cell was last night

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I thought it was a good show, I like the ppv format they're doing now of just putting a few matches on the b shows, this one only had a handful and they were mostly pretty important storyline wise. Sasha/Bayley was great, I liked all the cell matches. 

I'm fine with Orton as champ, he's one of my faves and he's been as good as ever recently, was surprised to see him use a lightsaber in the match though.

Poor Otis 

Best thing that could've happened for Otis, he wasn't going to win a title, even if he was winning one it would've been shite without a proper crowd 

This gets him sympathy and a feud he'll end up decisively winning, unless they bring Mandy back into the mix and have her turn on him as well

• Paid Members

Another fantastic outing for Jey/RR - very well done and set a high standard that nothing (other than Banks/Bailey) came close to. 

I don't get Orton as champion at all. The feuds available to McIntyre following the draft had more potential in my opinion but we will need to see how it plays out. 

Until last night I'd not watched any of the covid-era stuff so I don't know how long this has been going on for, but the overly-emotive commentary (and the way the lines were delivered by every single member of the commentary team) was horrendous. Almost as bad as the cringeworthy in-ring trash talking. It's like the whole show was written by a 16 year old whose only qualification for the job is that they got semi-decent feedback from their teacher about the creative writing part of their English GCSE mocks. 

Skipped Jeff/Elias, Otis/Miz and Lashley/Slapjack because who gives a shit.

Reigns and Jey we’re great once again. Maybe went a tad too long, but that’s a minor niggle.

WWE really do make their faces look like total idiots at times though. They made a big thing of Banks taking away Bayley’s chair at the start of the match, only to then being in 2 chairs herself a few minutes later. I don’t watch anywhere near as much as I used to, but I can’t believe that they’re still using fucking Kendo Sticks as the go to weapon. It doesn’t mean dick of every other fucker uses one

While I’m not against Orton as Champion per se, I’m a bit gutted for Drew to have lost it. While I’m sure the boo-boys would’ve been there if crowds were still at the show, he’s done the best that he can in the situation and I wouldn’t say that he’s been involving in anything that could be considered bad. Maybe they’re hoping crowds are back early next year and have him win the Elimination Chamber and regain the belt at Wrestlemania and then maybe try again in front of an audience.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Maybe they’re hoping crowds are back early next year and have him win the Elimination Chamber and regain the belt at Wrestlemania and then maybe try again in front of an audience.

I wouldn't be surprised - I think we're going to see the next couple of months basically spent rearranging furniture to get to a Wrestlemania season with fans, which will be a combination of pressing the reset button on stories like Drew's title win, so they can do the feel-good moment with a crowd again, while also trying to get all their ducks in a row to stack the card with big names, because even if they can run Wrestlemania with a live audience, it's going to be a big sell to convince people to travel from all over the world, or even the country, to cram into an arena together, if that's even an option. 

• Paid Members

That Reigns stuff sounds incredible.

Are people actually cheering Sasha? Wait.... people aren’t there cheering for anyone. Forgive my stupidity.

Who the fuck are Otis and Tucker? Were they “Heavy Machinery?” I’m more than a bit out of it.

Edited by air_raid

30 minutes ago, air_raid said:

That Reigns stuff sounds incredible.

Are people actually cheering Sasha? Wait.... people aren’t there cheering for anyone. Forgive my stupidity.

Who the fuck are Otis and Tucker? Were they “Heavy Machinery?” I’m more than a bit out of it.

Yeah Otis and Tucker were Heavy Machinery. Otis won the Money in the Bank briefcase earlier in the year. Recently Tucker was drafted to Raw and Otis stayed on Smackdown. They’ve been doing a storyline where Miz was trying to get the briefcase taken from Otis by essentially suing him. They had a match last night for the briefcase which Miz won after Tucker turned on Otis.

• Paid Members

I wish Roman smashed Jay like Kenny did to Sonny Kiss. Not a exactly a 30 minute squash, but he's taken a tag team wrestler and they have made him look like a singles star who has been climbing up the card for the last year. I just don't buy it, but I think the character Reigns has now is his best work post Shield.

The woman's match was great. Both were their usual excellent selves. Retribution is just a joke at this point surely. Have they won a match yet? I know they haven't since Ali was revealed. I was listening to, but didn't watch the Hardy/Elias match. Miz/Otis was fine, didn't see the turn coming, but glad it's broken them up properly. Otis was never winning a main title anyway so no issues from me.

When Drew came out first, I thought he's losing tonight. The match felt really off. As if spots didn't happen as they planned (Drew running into some steps which were proped against the cage. He ran into it, and seemed like he forgot to bump. The match in general just felt odd. The commentary was also abysmal, especially during that match. Cole said the same thing twice waiting for Drew to bump. Not keen with Orton as champ, as promo's aside, I do find him boring. But hopefully it refreshes Drew and maybe he pulls out a new finisher or goes back to the DDT again.

It wasn't a bad PPV, but it could have been better

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

It's like the whole show was written by a 16 year old whose only qualification for the job is that they got semi-decent feedback from their teacher about the creative writing part of their English GCSE mocks. 

And even then we're usually teaching writing to persuade or inform not entertain. 

I liked the show (maybe the 11pm start helped) and was fully invested in Sasha Bayley right up to the finish as I didn't know which way that was gonna go. 

Roman and Jey while good just ran and ran, I could've done without the final 5 minutes of Roman having a fake breakdown, look to smush his cousins brain with some steps and pace around the ring like a caged animal, if they had just brought Jimmy out after the Drive By and done that then. They find gold and then just keep digging deeper. 

Miz as MITB has much more upside than Otis, I hate to say it. It was just a prop with Otis and you'd never see him beating Orton, Mcintyre, Strowman, Reigns, Wyatt etc with a worm and a second rope splash. Miz on the other hand makes a good potential 1/2 month stop gap before WrestleMania to open up some different possibilities for matches. 

Having Tucker turn now when he's not even on the same show as Otis is blind stupid though and almost like they forgot to do it sooner. If there's 2 guys I don't need seeing over 5 hours of TV each week it's Heavy Machinery feuding. 

Retribution getting beat up 4 on 1 by Lashley was fun. 

Edited by Shy Dad

I haven't watched this ppv (I haven't really watched any wwe bar wrestlemania) But am i right in thinking they have taken the belt off Drew and put it on Orton now?

Jesus Christ like i said i'm not a avid fan anymore but making the decision to put the title back on Orton who is dull as FUCK, Really feels like they have taken 3 steps forward and 10 steps back in terms of being fresh and exciting.  

2 minutes ago, sukhy said:

Miz has the MITB briefcase, Orton is World Champ. WWE going back to the glory days of 2010 I see. 

That's pretty much what i said above. When they put the belt on drew it really felt like they were trying to take a step forward and into the new era with talent coming up. Orton has been dull as fuck for about 10 years now, How can they have thought that was what the company needed??!!

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I haven't watched this ppv (I haven't really watched any wwe bar wrestlemania) But am i right in thinking they have taken the belt off Drew and put it on Orton now?

Jesus Christ like i said i'm not a avid fan anymore but making the decision to put the title back on Orton who is dull as FUCK, Really feels like they have taken 3 steps forward and 10 steps back in terms of being fresh and exciting.  

Where do you even begin with this.