Well, that’s ruined it

Frankie Crisp

57 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

While it’s still to be officially confirmed, it seems a lot of places are reporting that Tom Hardy has been cast to take over as James Bond. So if true, what hilarious voice will Bond have going forward

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1337457/Tom-Hardy-new-James-Bond-Daniel-Craig-No-Time-To-Die-Christopher-Nolan-next-James-Bond

I thought he already did his Bond voice in Batman.

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Any of Lionel Richie's greatest hits - when I did my year 10 work experience in a local shop, this was the only CD the owner had. So he'd have it on in the shop, on repeat, all day, for two weeks. I must have heard all the hits 8 or 9 times a day, and I've not been able to hear them since.

Oh god, I'd have been driven mad long before the fortnight was up. How many times had you heard each song before you were hearing him everywhere you went?

Was it once? Twice? Three times, maybe?

A mate of mine had a favourite shirt. It was one he wore on big nights out. A short sleeved affair that was purple and white checks. He had social anxiety and the shirt was like a comfort blanket to him, it gave him confidence. 
He is a man of routine and has to stick to it or it affects him massively. Part of his routine was on a Sunday, he’d do the ironing whilst watching Match Of The Day that he’d taped the night before. 
After the opening match, they returned to the studio for the analysis. He described it to me as the feeling you get when you receive the news that a loved one has died when he noticed the shirt that Mark Lawrenson was sporting. Those warm and comforting purple plaid fabrics had been snatched from his bosom and cast asunder as the world worst pundit spoke his profane views. 
After two weeks or so he could take no more, he bid goodbye to his friend that Sunday, holding back the tears as the iron that had been deliberately left motionless scorched and burned a hole in the chest pocket, rendering the garment unwearable, before he silently buried it in the garden. 
He became more and more reclusive since then. He currently lives in a sheltered housing community, alone, with not much contact or interaction with anyone. He patiently waits for the sweet release of death. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

'Sweet Caroline' with every fucker doing the 'So good, so good' bit in the chorus anytime it gets played in a pub or at a party, can't ever listen to that song at home without expecting to hear it

Darts player Daryl Gurney comes out to this and I have to mute the tv because I can’t stand the song or the crowd and all the cringe he does on the stage. Once round a mates house watching the darts, one of my mates stood up and started singing along unironically, doing the ‘so good’ bit as well. But then again, he also stands up when the national anthem comes on during England games, so I don’t have any respect for him anymore. 

2005 at the height of my LADSLADSLADS phase, I went to see Oasis at Benicassim Festival (amazing by the way, if anyone ever thinks about going)

Came home and saw the MTV2 highlights footage on Zane Lowe's show (member him?), and was chuffed to see myself on my mates shoulders during what was then, one of my favourite Oasis songs, Mucky Fingers.

Absolute state of it. Red Euro 2004 era England top out of sight as well. 

Screenshot-2020-09-19-at-15-04-45-Edited

Then read about two weeks later how much Noel hated seeing Brits in the crowd at their European gigs waving flags about and in football tops, and how embarrassing it was, and it knocked me down a peg or two, and I was properly gutted. 

Just a shitshow all round. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ll take the films of Kevin Spacey please.

This. I loved so many of his movies. I even saw him in Richard II at the Old Vic on a random trip to London a good few years back, but when those allegations came out, and especially the way he tried to deflect from it all by ostensibly saying "did I mention I'm gay?" ruined it all for me. 

On a lighter note has anybody ever noticed how Matt Bellamy takes a really sharp breath before he sings anything when they listen to Muse? You have now.