Wrestling Newz

Hannibal Scorch

10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

They seem to have completely given up on Big E already.

You think so? They've just given him a new solo entrance. I know he's been messing around a bit over the past month or so but I'm not sure they've given up on him. I do wonder if they want to rush him to a Mania main event or build him up a bit more before that. I feel like they could definitely position him there if they wanted to, but maybe see Goldberg as the safer bet at the moment.

• Paid Members

I hope I’m wrong, and Drew this year proved they’re willing to give someone the Rumble win and big push seemingly out of nowhere, but Big E has definitely not felt like someone currently pinned for a Mania main event. He felt closer to that position in the Summer when still part of the New Day!

The new entrance is encouraging but other than that I couldn’t even tell you what he’s been up to recently. He’s got that stink about him where they split teams up and then immediately don’t know what to do with them individually. It’s been a trope for years. Animosity between teams and teams breaking up. That’s all they know how to write. Team after team either bickering constantly or just splitting up and then floundering. I never would’ve guessed Kofi and Woods would have done more than Big E once they split but that’s exactly what it feels like. The only note-worthy thing I can remember E doing this past month is once again joining forces with them for their Survivor Series entrance!

Edited by Supremo

Yeah I'm not getting the reason for Goldberg backlash online, to me he's one of wrestlings current most interesting guys to follow, he's so intense about training and performing he's absolutely fascinating.

I don't usually like comparing them but WWE/Vince is old and out of touch for using Goldberg but AEW/There new mate Khan signing Sting is awesome smart booking.

Im hoping Big E is getting a slower build and not overexposed so fans don't turn on him too soon (God fordid you push someone too long these days) we'll see what happens more from Jan I reckon but problem is because he's been fantasy booked to beat RR at Mania they'll be backlash if he doesn't despite WWE might wanna wait for fans or use Goldie while they can.

From what I read he was kept of the Survivors team so he wouldn't have to lose which is actually an encouraging sign

Edited by The Cutting Edge

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I hope I’m wrong, and Drew this year proved they’re willing to give someone the Rumble win and big push seemingly out of nowhere, but Big E has definitely not felt like someone currently pinned for a Mania main event. He felt closer to that position in the Summer when still part of the New Day

I just don't think he helps himself with all the carrying on to be honest. I can't think of such an over the top, odd looking, dancing character ever being a top guy. Nothing he does in ring looks vicious either the way it can do with Drew/RR/Orton etc. 

Might just be me but I don't really "get" what he's supposed to be at the moment.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

I just don't think he helps himself with all the carrying on to be honest. I can't think of such an over the top, odd looking, dancing character ever being a top guy. Nothing he does in ring looks vicious either the way it can do with Drew/RR/Orton etc.

Big E Spear GIF - BigE Spear DanielBryan - Discover & Share GIFs

Murked.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I know I shouldn’t read anything into Twitter or Facebook comments but the negative reaction to Goldberg’s name being mentioned in the plans never ceases to amaze me. It was the same when he rightly beat Bray Wyatt earlier in the year. Everyone complaining and saying they’re not watching anymore. Genuinely can’t figure out if people are just saying what they think they should say to sound SMART TO DA BIZ. Honestly wish I was a fly on the wall when these people watch Goldberg segments. Did they truly sit with their arms crossed, sulking, as he demolished Dolph Ziggler in that brilliant Summerslam match? Were they really rolling their eyes when he and Brock Lesnar had one of the best feuds and some of the best matches of the last decade? Sat stoney-faced during each of those belting babyface promos where he outshines everyone and feels like the greatest hero who's ever lived?

Weirdos, the lot of them.

Not all, but in a lot of cases, I think If those kind of fans don’t control the narrative, then they shit on it. They don’t invest real thought or feeling in to their beliefs either. No proper justified reasoning, just retweeted opinions. It’s just flippant reaction from learned behaviour, “Don’t tell me who to cheer, you’re pushing him on us”. Those kind of fans are the equivalent of people who share click bait headlines without reading the content. 

1 hour ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Might just be me but I don't really "get" what he's supposed to be at the moment.

But how he is is part of why people love him. He's insanely charismatic, a fun guy in promos but intense where he needs to be, and a decent wrestler. I don't get why you'd want to take that away. He has a uniqueness about him that surely has to be seen as a positive rather than a negative?

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

But how he is is part of why people love him. He's insanely charismatic, a fun guy in promos but intense where he needs to be, and a decent wrestler. I don't get why you'd want to take that away. He has a uniqueness about him that surely has to be seen as a positive rather than a negative?

I know, I've maybe not worded that properly. His charisma is a plus yes, but at the same time I don't get buy him as any sort of threat because it's the same charisma we've seen for 6+ years and something just doesn't sit well in the "next big thing" conversation. I guess I'm not convinced his character should be going over RR or Drew who have been nothing but badass this year. Not saying he couldn't but something would have to change for it to work in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Yeah I'm not getting the reason for Goldberg backlash online, to me he's one of wrestlings current most interesting guys to follow, he's so intense about training and performing he's absolutely fascinating.

I don't usually like comparing them but WWE/Vince is old and out of touch for using Goldberg but AEW/There new mate Khan signing Sting is awesome smart booking.

Im hoping Big E is getting a slower build and not overexposed so fans don't turn on him too soon (God fordid you push someone too long these days) we'll see what happens more from Jan I reckon but problem is because he's been fantasy booked to beat RR at Mania they'll be backlash if he doesn't despite WWE might wanna wait for fans or use Goldie while they can.

From what I read he was kept of the Survivors team so he wouldn't have to lose which is actually an encouraging sign

The difference is Sting hopefully won’t be smashing through their top guys in 30 seconds like Goldberg has. He’s there to help business by putting new eyes on their talent in the hope of turning them into stars. 

WWE already have no stars, so a 53 year old man beating their young champions whilst doing absolutely nothing for business and then disappearing for a year is bound to bring about resentment from a certain type of fan that won’t look at things in isolation and just enjoy things on a show or match by show or match basis.

As much as Id rather watch Goldberg than Sting, the comparison isn’t fair at all.

I agree they are different cases

Sting is too early to say but there's definitely a Cody and Jericho match in his future, otherwise we'll see what plans they have for him.

Goldberg only beat the Fiend that I think caused issue, beating Zig or Owens wasn't a big deal.

He'll be booed whenever he's Infront of a live crowd again, which is crazy as he's one of these guys you'd never get to see live, I saw him at Mania 33 and was really chuffed to see him live

53 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

I agree they are different cases

Sting is too early to say but there's definitely a Cody and Jericho match in his future, otherwise we'll see what plans they have for him.

Goldberg only beat the Fiend that I think caused issue, beating Zig or Owens wasn't a big deal.

He'll be booed whenever he's Infront of a live crowd again, which is crazy as he's one of these guys you'd never get to see live, I saw him at Mania 33 and was really chuffed to see him live

That mania match was incredible. The fact that some fans choose to hate it for reasons that have nothing to do with the match is bizarre.

Copy and pasted from a newz site (TPWW.net). I genuinely can't think of anything worse to be honest. It's all getting SO convoluted. A development for development? Huh?

---------------------------------------

WrestlingInc.com reported that WWE officials have been in talks regarding potential plans for another new weekly series under the NXT brand that is unrelated to their current NXT India plans. This report was later confirmed by the Wrestling Observer to be true.

It was reported that Paul “Triple H” Levesque recently assembled a team to oversee this new potential show, which is currently being led by former EVOLVE co-founder Gabe Sapolsky.

This new weekly show reportedly would focus primarily on WWE’s developmental talent who are not on the main NXT roster and act as a minor league system for WWE’s main NXT brand. This was descried by a source to be an “NXT for NXT.”