A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

I remember the loss in 1991 vividly and the win in 1993 not anywhere near as much. I think it's because in 1991 we were dominant, only losing one league game all season, on the way to winning the title comfortably and this game was a formality on the way to us completing the double for the first time since 1971. Maybe it was the kid in me but  I had no doubt we were going to win, my first trip to Wembley too and then the game happened. I was right behind the goal for Gascoinge free-kick(David Seaman should have kept it out) the third goal we let in when Seaman let Linekar's shot go through his hands to put them 3-1 up and finish the game was more annoying to me then the actual free-kick. All ended well though with a title to celebrate at Highbury the following month. 

• Paid Members

I remember the 91 loss very well, I remember that more than us winning the league that season to be honest. I guess a cup competition was easier to understand and comprehend for an 8yo.

I also remember the 93 Cup run very well and fondly. I'm sure the match happened around my birthday (early April) as I had a new Arsenal keeper kit for my birthday and my twin aunties were round to watch the game (one was a gooner, the other a Spurs fan). For me we had to win to avenge the 91 loss and we did. 

Then you have the many, many games VS Sheffield Wednesday. I remember the League Cup final very well- it was the first cup I'd watch Arsenal win. I remember Merson doing the 'necking pints' celebration and then Tony Adams giving Steve Morrow the Doomesday Device to put him out of the FA Cup final. I remember being worried about him missing the FA Cup final because he scored the league cup winner- ha! Steve fucking Morrow!

Anyway, the FA Cup Final and the subsequent replay were shite and boring. I have fonder memories of the Coca-Cola Cup final because it was more eventful and it was the first Cup final I watched us play in. 

I'd say the Coca-Cola Cup win is right up there amongst my fondest memories as an Arsenal fan. Along with the CWC final win in 94, the 1-0 away win VS United in 98, the 4-0 win VS Everton to win the first Premier League title, winning the league at Old Trafford in 2002 and the 3-2 Cup final win over Hull in 2014.

17 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'd say the Coca-Cola Cup win is right up there amongst my fondest memories as an Arsenal fan. Along with the CWC final win in 94, the 1-0 away win VS United in 98, the 4-0 win VS Everton to win the first Premier League title, winning the league at Old Trafford in 2002 and the 3-2 Cup final win over Hull in 2014.

"Oooooh, we've won the title so many times at our biggest rivals it doesn't even warrant a mention" PISS OFF

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Its possibly a sad indictment of the last 30 years that the 91 semi is STILL seen as one of the top 5ish moments in Spurs history.

Wow, you must have been really excited

93 Semi final my abiding memory was coming out of Wembley and my Dad buying a DONKEY WINS THE DERBY T- shirt some bloke was printing out. I think the finals in the cup runs are remembered more than the semis due to the rather dramatic nature of both of them.

I think 1991 is remembered more because of the Gazza Free kick (its played every year isn't it) and the fact it stopped us winning the Double that season. That 91 side was really tidy. Only lost 1 game, a horrible 1 nil loss to Chelsea the twats.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I haven't looked into the minute detail of this, but it could be true, and quite possibly is.

I was bored once and worked out how many Arsenal players from the barren-period between 2005-Ozil signing ended up leaving the club and going on to win league titles in a major league elsewhere. I think it was most of them, although some of them were proper David May in 1999 examples, such as Hleb.

Anyway, some tremendous news:

Screenshot_20210516-131134_Twitter.thumb.jpg.464defe477f31f4ea6d9ba63574c0fc7.jpg

R0pJH.gif.609993986f22825a0d855793cabc7e1c.gif

Edited by PunkStep
Suck ur mum rudeboy

22 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Jermain Defoe won a trophy with Tottenham after leaving Tottenham.

Peak Spurs, but I can't include the 2008 League Cup.

Absolutely cba typing it all out again here, so I'll just link the tweet, as I am bored and sat down with a coffee and worked it out.

Now there are a few caveats. I've only included trophies or equivalents that Spurs could play in and win (so domestic cups), so no lower league Championships or Play Off trophies. I have also not included the Charity Shield as that's not a major trophy. There are also some players who NEVER played a first team game for Spurs, but still left the club and won something.

Some players also skew the stats, but this is still funny IMO. Might have missed a couple but I lost the will to live around 2015.

COYS

5 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I've got 3

Hide contents

Schmeichel (Peter) but it wasn't for Man Utd (City or Villa?)

Paul Robinson for Spurs

Tim Howard but can't remember if it was for Man Utd or Everton

Spoiler

Big Pete for Villa, Big Tim for Everton

I'd like to say that Roy Caroll once 'scored' for Spurs, but apparently it didn't count. 

Still bitter, ruined my birthday as I'd paid for that game on PremPlus!!!