A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Factotum said:

I find Kane weirdly underrated despite being rated so highly. The guy is utterly lethal, huge and physically imposing.

I think this is largely because while he averages a great season every season, there are spells where he goes four games without scoring before going on a daft run of three braces in a row, or the odd game where he touches the ball about twice, leaving you with a feeling of “Why did I ever think this bloke was brilliant?!?” - despite having watched him be brilliant for seven seasons.

29 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Which is pretty good for a one season wonder.

One day I'll pull out my "Have watched Harry Kane for 3 games and will judge him*" tweets/texts from yesteryear, but not today.

*Only kidding, me and Tactics Tim knew. I did think Raheem Sterling WAS a one season wonder though.

• Paid Members

Anyone thinking with their head and not their hearts, or those who didn't let club allegiances cloud their judgement could see he was never going to be a one season wonder. Kane just looked like he was totally at home from those first few games as a true first team player and his record since has backed that up. 

I really hope he stays at Spurs and they get someone in charge who can take them to the next level(and who gets the financial backing Pochettino should have got). Seeing him playing for someone like Man City would be like Giggs playing for anyone other than Utd. It's just not right...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Had to look up what I'd said.

The absolute state of it.

Ah yes. A front 3 all getting in the way of each other. What could possibly go wrong.

Kane and Vardy would be great together, with a bit of work. Vardy could replicate the role Son plays alongside Kane, so I don't think your a million miles off with that front 3(except Sturridge, obviously). I know if I were Southgate, I'd be trying to talk Vardy into going to the Euro's, as cover or an impact sub of nothing else.

Arteta goes nuts, Arsenal stink the joint up yet we still nick an away goal.

I swear this side mentally drains me.

I genuinely don't have an opinion on Arteta anymore. There is no point. I'm just going to see what the hell happens.

Glad Emery reminded us why he's rubbish by bringing Coquellin on the pitch when they should have killed us off.

4 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I genuinely don't have an opinion on Arteta anymore. There is no point. I'm just going to see what the hell happens.

Yeah man! There is no point right now, he is not going anywhere, just have to strap in and ride it out. This team is wild, you just never know what you are going to get from 1 week to the next. 

Couldn't beleive we were playing without a cf last night, in a semi final, a formation we have not played once under Arteta. 

Of course the first goal came from the left also.

Hopefully we left Ceballos in Spain and hid his passport. 

Besides all this, we are still in the tie somehow!

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Factotum said:

Same here. I'm not on the 'trust the process' bandwagon anymore but christ knows what we need to take this club forward. What's the point with the wankers we have in control of the club anyway. I hope this talk from Josh that they remain very serious about the club competing and want to invest in the team this summer isn't just lip service and we actually try and do something about it. 

Romano reporting that Ceballos will return to Real this summer and we won't be making his deal permanent. Good.