A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

21 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Cruyff is turning in his grave. 

(yes, I meant that)

Completely unrelated but I was listening to Witness by Roots Manuva earlier and changed the chorus to "Witness the fitness, the Cruyff turn liveth, Johan Neeskens" for absolutely no reason, as it just popped in my head.

And people say I chat bollox on here. 

13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just a plug for the best football book I’ve ever read “Brilliant Orange” by David Winner. It’s the highlights of the history of Dutch football. It’s incredible. 

That's just reminded me of what I said to you about a book, I haven't forgotten!

It's a fantastic read isn't it? He co-wrote Bergkamps book as well which is really worth reading. 

Also, this might be of interest. I've pre ordered one. https://www.waterstones.com/book/beautiful-bridesmaids-dressed-in-oranje/gary-thacker//9781785318467

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just a plug for the best football book I’ve ever read “Brilliant Orange” by David Winner. It’s the highlights of the history of Dutch football. It’s incredible. 

I knew there was a book on Dutch football on here you recommended and forgot was it was called, cheers. I've read Cruyff's autobiography, which is as brilliant as he is ingenious, but my god he just wanted to row with everyone all the time. 

• Awards Moderator

Does that book correctly state that Dennis Bergkamp is the best Dutch footballer of all time?

33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I once wrote something about how Cruyff taught me how to drive on a motorway and David Winner said it was “Very Good!”  That’s my Shakin Stevens quote on the book sleeve!

Any time I see, hear or think of Cruyff I think about your driving story.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Does that book correctly state that Dennis Bergkamp is the best Dutch footballer of all time?

Any time I see, hear or think of Cruyff I think about your driving story.

I just think of the fella from 2 Unlimited getting new shiny hair gel outside the Mersey View in Frodsham. 

It's probably not true, but why let truth get in the way of a good story... 

Anyway. 

As of next season, North London and Wrexham will combine once again into the general thread. 

Unfortunately, West ham fans are fucked. They're banned from the all new. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

I just think of the fella from 2 Unlimited getting new shiny hair gel outside the Mersey View in Frodsham. 

It's probably not true, but why let truth get in the way of a good story... 

Anyway. 

As of next season, North London and Wrexham will combine once again into the general thread. 

Unfortunately, West ham fans are fucked. They're banned from the all new. 

That’s not a loss. Won’t need to see every other post be about a club hardly anyone cares about (that’s Wrexham and Spurs). 122 posts about Wrexham in a single thread. Eesh.

death to the mega thread 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That’s not a loss. Won’t need to see every other post be about a club hardly anyone cares about (that’s Wrexham and Spurs). 122 posts about Wrexham in a single thread. Eesh.

death to the mega thread 

It's almost as if Wrexham have had a surreal and interesting season that Netflix are making documentaries after being bought by two A listers after 20 years of uncertainty after several poor owners, several of us driving miles away to confront the owner to get him to sell, a local owner who it turns out was asset stripping the club, and into administration, the fans raising 100k in a day to stop a winding up order and the fans buying the club and them all kicking off and so on

But fuck me, West Ham are pushing for a Europa League place so downvote soapdish is here with a hard on and he wants to talk football. 

I make no bones about being excited about Wrexham at the moment as I've lived and breathed them since 1991. And anyone who loves their team would do the same. You wouldnt know though, because most of your posts have been in here digging at Spurs rather than celebritating your own team. 

I stand with North London. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

@PowerButchithe problem is, I actually think what’s happened with Wrexham is interesting and celebrated (though don’t get it twisted, the Netflix documentary is part of the package of them buying the club). And you should be excited. But dictating who and what can post when you’ve posted almost double what anyone else has I don’t find endearing.

Just because I don’t talk about every game West Ham doesn’t mean I’m a fair weather fan. I remember being excited about Moyes, and annoyed he was axed so early, and then predicted when we got in the tree man we’d be reaching Europe 😂. But yes, in this thread, for Arsenal and Spurs fans, I have posted about Spurs. When we played against each other, and another the Super League because it’s hilarious and for some strange reason Spurs fans to West Ham fans are like Tories to flags. Can’t get enough of them, pretend it’s not weird to be so obsessed with them.

But if banning West Ham fans from a football thread because you’ve got an issue with me is what you want to do, so be it. 

• Moderators

I haven't got an issue with you, you're not that important. And I don't give a toss what you find endearing or notAnd ironically enough it's you that brought Wrexham chat in here . (NB: don't tell me about Netflix being a condition of buying the club, as a former part owner of Wrexham I can tell you unequivocally that's untrue as I had a vote and saw the full fucking thing), so you sullied the North London stronghold. Especially after coming in this thread essentially being an arsehole to the spurs fans a couple of months back. 

Anyway. This conversation ends here. 

Back to Charlie George and Jimmy Greaves. 

Edited by PowerButchi