A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

Just now, Carbomb said:

In the past, I would've argued that the alternative is obvious: that you mobilise the fanbase as a body to buy the club and turn it into a fan-owned co-operative, with a "one person, one vote" rule in the club's constitution to prevent any one person trying to get all the power by buying more shares. It can be done.

But I don't know how possible it is with a club the size of Spurs financially. Easier to start from the ground up.

Absolutely the right way to do it, and there are plenty of fantastic examples of this around the world. 

But your last point quite rightly negates the former.

I don't think it can be done with a club that size. Unless a fan worth billions (Jerry Springer? Rupert Grint?) can buy it, but then we already have a 'fan' in charge?

Like I say, I find it frustrating and don't particularly like feeling this way, but an acceptance of what top league football is and means is the only way I can watch it. 

I'd rather give my money to Chertsey Town or Walton & Hersham than line ENICs pockets.

5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

But I don't know how possible it is with a club the size of Spurs financially. Easier to start from the ground up.

That's the problem really with all the bigger clubs now. If Kroenke were to sell Arsenal, he's really only selling to another billionaire who would have done exactly the same thing. You might get good rich owner (Leicester are a prime example of that) but you are still at the whim of very rich people who will always look at the profit margins as a sign of success. I mean most Liverpool fans would have been happy with their owners and then look what happened.

Look beyond the 'big 6' West Ham are run by crooks, Everton have questionable resources, Mike Ashley is an abomination, Wolves , Fulhalm etc are all run by billionaire groups. Its going to take an awful lot to ever change that.

The hope is you get some sort of consortium with fan involvement. I cannot ever see the Government implementing the 50+ 1 rule over here (not this Government anyway)

8 minutes ago, Factotum said:

You might get good rich owner (Leicester are a prime example of that)

Their political ties suggest otherwise.

But I know the point you are trying to make, they're seen as one of the 'better' owners. Even ENIC are seen as one of the 'better' owners as if a British tax evading billionaire is better than a Russian/Saudi tax evading billionaire. It's all such a mess. 

I suppose this goes to show again, that billionaires shouldn't exist at all.

A lot of emotion coming out in this post :)

I don't think anyone can deny that ENIC have had a huge positive impact on Spurs. In the early 90's we were very close to going out of business, and they have transformed the club (not necessarily the team) in to a genuine powerhouse. We have one of the best stadiums in the world and arguably the best training facility in the world.

They have managed to finance the stadium in such a way that it won't affect the playing budget and we have another surface under the pitch to be able to make the stadium into a multi-purpose facility. If they manage to get an NFL franchise in that stadium that will be so positive for Spurs financially and the visibility of the club in foreign markets.

We also have the most popular Asian footballer playing for us. On matchdays the amount of football tourists you see at the stadium is unbelievable, and all of these guys that have just come to see Sonny will almost certainly have spent in excess of £100 in the club shop, will be buying food and drink in the stadium, and they may just become longer term supporters of the team too.

I will admit I am very disappointed at the lack of success we have under ENIC, although we have been in the Top 4 and even the top half of the league after the 90's and early 2000's. We really struck gold on some players like Bale, and Kane and I'm not sure that ENIC can be/should be given credit for this. What we can credit them with is absolutely wasting the Gareth Bale money. 8 years ago we should've bought 2 really world class players with the £100 million, but we ended up with Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho and Vlad Chiriches. 

We are not really good enough to demand success, but then neither were Leicester, and for the last few years Arsenal and Man U havent been either but all of these clubs have won major trophies and it's really difficult to constantly miss out.

The year we came third in a two horse race was the time we needed to invest, but we didn't. I look at Liverpool and their situation at the time, they invested in their team and they then won the Champions League and the Premier League as well as reaching another Champions League final. Poch was adamant that we needed to strengthen, realistically we didn't need loads of players, we just needed to strengthen the squad instead we ended up with Moussa Sissoko!

The appointment of Mourinho can only be viewed as a huge mistake. From the fans point of view he never stood a chance post-Poch. I've seen Spurs fans moan about managers but the moaning about Mourinho was so loud almost immediately. Yes we spanked Burnley and Palace a couple of times. Yes we spanked a shell of a Man United team earlier this season but even when we were winning games, this season particularly, the football was atrocious. Ignoring results I cannot understand his management techniques, yes players should pull their head out of their own arses, but also the manager should not be burying players. He moans about having different players and not being able to hold on to results like his old teams did, well how about you try something different rather than the inevitable happening every week, especially when burying players constantly.

There is absolutely no way that Eric Dier has become a bad footballer overnight, same goes for Dele and Winksy. These players are good footballers who have been unfairly vilified by the fans and in the case of Alli and Winks, the manager. Where on earth is Toby? The guy plays centre back for the best national side in the world but can't play for Spurs? That cannot be a footballing decision, it has to be personal. Eric Dier is not a centre back, he is a very effective centre midfielder and him working together with Hjojberg could be a real solid wall in front of the defence. Let's not even mention how he has continually destroyed Aurier, and this season particularly Sanchez and Doherty. No wonder some players hate him, he is a right cunt.

This year we have had Kane, Bale and Son, arguably and unbiasedly that is one of the best front 3 in World football. I think I could count on one hand how many times they've played together, let alone started a game together. Obviously Spurs fans want success but we also realise that we are so far behind other clubs, what we can't accept is the negative football that has been on display for the last 18 months. I'm not saying I want to get spanked 7-2 at home by Bayern every week but I'd rather than that playing so fucking negatively and end up losing 0-1 or worse 1-2 every fucking week!

The fact City could still win the title is a pretty damming indictment of the competition at the moment.

Overall points deductions etc. are pointless (lets fight self interest with other clubs self interest). As is 'banning them from Europe' (UEFA just bent over backwards to get them back. Good luck telling them they're not in it next season) You end up punishing the people who had nothing to do with it (I get the argument about administration being that as well, but that's exactly to do with clubs over spending and greed)

The owners are who you should punish. That should be the aim.

Think that was a jokey tweet to be fair.

But how do you punish the owners without punishing the fans though? Sure a fine wouldn't mean anything to any of them.

Plenty of lower league teams fans have suffered recently because of their owners fuckery (Wigan for one), the big clubs shouldn't be treated any differently.

Put Arsenal in the relegation zone I say. 

2 minutes ago, Factotum said:

To be honest us getting relegated might make the sale more likely, so I'm not against it!

Win the Europa as well so we can play Barcelona on the Tuesday and Milwall on the Saturday. Who needs the super league!?

Mes Que Un Club to Kevin Muscat Un Club*

*I'll see myself out.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, stewdogg said:

arguably the best training facility in the world

If argue that City's training facility is the best in the world of football, certainly in this country. 

I mean, just look at this:

complex_2339413b.jpg.2caba4590f3f857ab67064954647ed87.jpg

Even a miserable bastard like me is warmed by Ryan Mason being in (temporary) charge.

I think Levy has been clever in letting someone who has a LOT of good will within the club take charge for the remainder of the season (I'm assuming David Pleat didn't get to his phone in time) but I'm still happy about it. Well, as happy as I can get.

Might win a trophy within 5 days of being in charge, which our greatest ever manager didn't achieve, and our most highly decorated manager didn't achieve.

Very Spurs.