A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

Yeah, I was always annoyed we took him back. He did alright at the end of the season in the cup run, but I really would have preferred to have played Willock/AMN there for 10 games or so and see what happens.

56 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

What's the point with the wankers we have in control of the club anyway. I hope this talk from Josh that they remain very serious about the club competing and want to invest in the team this summer isn't just lip service and we actually try and do something about it

Yeah, my biggest thing is if they think Arteta is the man then they HAVE to back him with funds.

• Paid Members

As a neutral, my issue with Arteta is that he is just so nondescript. I cant work out what his tactical identity is for the life of me. All the top manages/coaches have an identity that you can see in their teams week in, week out. Guadiola is the pretty tippy tappy football guy, Klopp is the 100mph high press master, Mourinho is the make your team solid and really hard to beat, but gets beat all the time guy. Even the likes of Moyes and Dyche have a style, so despite their limitations, you know what you are getting.

Also, he seems really really boring. I can't imagine any player getting motivated by his team talks. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

In his defence, he is still very early into his managerial career.

Whether he should've been given the position is a different argument, but he was definitely bought in to be given time to build. (At least I think he should be)

Of course, you're right. It is very early and I think the job might be too big for him as a first job(but it is what it is). 

To me though, he just feels like a coach or assistant, rather than the main man(and there is nothing wrong with that). 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Also, he seems really really boring. I can't imagine any player getting motivated by his team talks. 

I get your point regarding style, he's clearly still finding his feet in this regard, but I don't think he's boring. You see that he's quite animated in the City documentary. He's a bit similar to Pep in that department. Not everyone is an Ian Holloway. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Fair fucks. I would've 100% taken a ball and pinged one in the Stretford End though.

You would've had a penalty given against you though. 

Fair play to them, that's the kind of protest that you hope will make a difference. Sadly I still don't think it will make a blind bit of difference to the poxy owners.

• Paid Members

Real, Juve and Barca will face further disciplinary action because they still insist they're part of this poxy league. Let's hope the reason the punishments for the other 9 are mild because they're going to set an example and fuck over the other three. Fuck you, Perez.

Meanwhile Spurs are charging £60 a seat for the first game back. I would bet my hat that Levy is doing everything he can to get the Champions League final, even though it might mean Chelsea winning a trophy at our gaff. The man knows no bounds.

Burnley have it right.