General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

If you don't want your rival club to have back to back relegations and dissappear into obscurity, you're doing it wrong. 

I dunno, while it's been funny watching Sunderland fall further and further I do miss the derbies. Maybe we'll meet again in the Championship in a couple of years...

2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

as a Man United fan

Cancelled. I had hopes for you, Joe. 

2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

It ended with me calling him a nonce and blocking him on facebook. 

time will crawl GIF

11 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

He said I should support all English clubs in Europe, I explained that I did not like Liverpool and as a Man United fan I did not want them to do well. He went on and on about lack of national pride.

These people need to learn their history. I will defer to "Pies and Prejudice: In search of the North" by Stuart Maconie.

The rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester is not like the rivalry between, say, Edinburgh and Glasgow, two proud cities whose very difference and diversity is somehow useful and fruitful. It doesn't actually make sense to think of what goes down between the Scousers and the Mancs as a rivalry at all; it's a vendetta, a blood feud that's Sicilian in intensity, contemptuous at best, raw, visceral hatred at worst, each always out for vengeance and reparation like the Hatfiels and McCoys or the Campbells and MacGregors.

Fans today don't know what football's really about.

Edited by Tamura

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

He said I should support all English clubs in Europe

Absolutely baffling point of view that I will never get my head around. If I hate a club, I hate them, regardless of whether they’re playing Fulham or Fiorentina.

• Paid Members

I sometimes don't mind seeing a team do well in Europe, but essentially I've no stake in it so I don't give a shit if they lose. But I suppose that also means I don't really see them as any sort of threat (Leicester, Middlesbrough), so it's pretty patronising. I idea I would ever cheer on United, Liverpool or Axxxnal, or indeed expect their fans to cheer on Chelsea is utterly laughable. The sycophantic ITV coverage of United over the years in the Champions League has caused a long standing hatred of every commentator and pundit on the channel. In the words of James Dean Bradfield, I laughed when Tyldesley got shot (was demoted from lead commentator). 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

I had this argument with someone on facebook when he took a huff that I didn't want Liverpool to beat another team in the CL.

Was it Carbomb?

So the useless EFL (who brought you such gems as telling teams ahead of time what their finishing position would be if they chose to end the season and postponing the vote on said decision until literally days before their return to play deadline so a restart would be impossible) have passed a new ‘salary cap’ for League One and League Two.

This salary cap means that the likes of ourselves, Ipswich and Portsmouth have to have the exact same wage bill as the likes of Crewe and Accrington - despite the former clubs having a much larger income and a better wages/turnover ratio than the latter clubs and crowds of largely 20K+ for home games (Accrington get the likes of 2K per home game).

But that’s not all, teams coming into the league from Championship relegation aren’t required to comply. So all that is ever going to happen is the recently relegated teams will go straight back up again and any team that does manage to go up will come crashing back down because they haven’t got the wage budget to compete to stay in the division.

The PFA are considering legal action as they deem it ‘unlawful and unjust’.

• Paid Members

Surely the salary cap would be at a level where realistically those 3 teams mentioned aren't going to have to shit can a bunch of players to avoid consequences? 

As for wishing rivals well in Europe its a funny one for me. On the one hand being a bit of a Celtic fan I absolutely could never support Rangers doing well, but realistically if they had managed to overcome Leverkusen last night, it would have done wonders for our UEFA Coefficient standings and mean that we don't have to start qualifying for Europe alongside teams from Gibraltar and San Marino. As it is they were absolutely woeful.

The Coefficient standings is the second main reason* I want English teams to fall at the first hurdle in European competitions. Losing a Champions League place will do wonders for the Premiership. 

(*The first is because I’m an incredibly petty and bitter man, I’d find it fucking hilarious)

• Paid Members

For the 21/22 season we seem like the winners in Scotland will automatically go to the 3rd qualifying round again as we've had a massive 2 seasons of okay and then good scores. It means second place should go into the draw as well which is great though they'll start earlier on. 

A few years of Celtic and Rangers doing good in Europe and the country as a whole should start pushing nations like Turkey and Austria to automatically go straight into the group stage. 

• Paid Members

I'll bet anyone £1,000,000 Wolves don't win the Europa League this (thread's) season, if they do you owe me a Polo Mint ... That's amazing odds.

Wolves are a bugger as a fan, we could win it, we could have one of those games where we don't turn up, play decent ISH but lack that cutting edge. Part of the joy of the Europa League that I've found this season, I've fucking loved it, Torino at home being my fave moment.

Edited by Teedy Kay
I got autocorrected to buggery

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

I'll bet anyone £1,000,000 Wolves don't win the Europa League this (thread's) season, if they do you owe me a Polo Mint ... That's amazing odds.

Wolves are a bigger as a fan, we could win it, we could have one of those games where we don't turn up, play decent ISH but lack that cutting edge. Part of the joy of the Europa League that I've found this season, I've dicking loved it, Torino at home being my fave moment.

Look, I’ve got dibs on resident alcoholic around here. Get off my land.