• Paid Members

Nobody told me Will Ferrell comes into The Office ffs. Steve Carell's departure episode should have been Threat Level Midnight. Can I stop watching it now? I still like it but I'm ready to move on with my life.

16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Nobody told me Will Ferrell comes into The Office ffs. Steve Carell's departure episode should have been Threat Level Midnight. Can I stop watching it now? I still like it but I'm ready to move on with my life.

I always stop my rewatches after Michael Scott leaves. I feel it starts going down hill when the Sabre lot turn up, but completely falls off a cliff once Scott leaves. It goes from being one main character and a supporting cast to about 6 main characters all fighting to be the lead.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He's shit, but he doesn't last too long. I think it's worth continuing to watch, personally. Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

He's shit, but he doesn't last too long. I think it's worth continuing to watch, personally. Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for.

I'm just looking for excuses to finally watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, I feel like I've been watching The Office since I was born.

• Paid Members

Just finished Shogun (2024) and I thought it was exceptional. Looked beautiful, fantastically acted across the board and lots of political machinations to sink your teeth into. Initially I was a bit concerned Cosmo Jarvis's performance was a tad much, but it really worked. Anna Sawai as Mariko was also utterly captivating. 

• Paid Members

Boys from the Blackstuff is now on iPlayer, one of the greatest pieces of drama this country has ever produced.

HBO have gone and cancelled Tokyo Vice despite the first two seasons doing pretty well, and was even well received in Japan.

It seems to have done really well on BBC over here, too. Hoping the writers can get it on to another channel or something as it's one of the best bits of TV I've seen this year.

Looking for some recommendations for any good crime/mystery shows on iplayer at the moment.

Have just finished Shetland, and thought it was tremendous. Was skeptical about how the Perez-less season would be, but it was actually really solid, with Ashley Jenson slotting into the show really well, and Tosh easily stepping up with more focus. Now looking for something similar on the iplayer or even Netflix. Anything that stands out? 

On another note, I thought 3 Body Problem was really average with some dodgy performances and dialogue. Not sure why its seemingly got the great reviews it has.