The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Bronson Reed might be the most boring fat guy wrestler I've ever seen. Zero aura.

Another good episode of WWE tv. Drew/ Punk continues to be the greatest rivalry in years. Bron Breakker looking like a beast and starting to get over. Lyra whatshername looking sharp and getting over. Gunther getting a heroes reception on his way to wiping the floor with Seth or Damien. Intriguing, fun dynamic with The Judgement Day, and Liv Morgan not being completely useless. Touching Bo Dallas promo. Chad Gable getting through to MITB. And a dated Yoko Ono reference to close the show which amused me greatly for some reason.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

4 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Bronson Reed might be the most boring fat guy wrestler I've ever seen. Zero aura.

I actually really enjoyed him in his original NXT run. I thought he stood out and seemed like a likeable guy. But yeah since he has come back they've not really done much to win me over. Hes in that weird middle ground where he looked big and destructive on NXT but isn't that big or unique on the main roster when you've got guys like Braun and Otis around. So he really needs something else to catch on and there's not really anything in terms of character or anything.

• Paid Members

I know it's not to everyone's taste, bit Bo Dallas is rather good in this role so far and I'm actually enjoying what they are doing. 

Similarly, I feel like Damian Priest has really grown into the role as champion and has actually been better than people give him credit for. 

Drew should be the odds on favourite to win Money in the Bank and cash in the same night, only to be screwed a 3rd time by Punk. Get the briefcase over and done with in one night.

On the other side of the coin, if Chelsea Green doesn't win, then it'll be a travesty. She's TV Gold and would do a lot more with the daft briefcase than any of the others. Character of the year for me.

Jey Usos entrance was fantastic. Just really good stuff that makes him feel big time. WWE are on a great trend of getting people over lately. It's a shame the 'Yeet' stuff is ridiculously overplayed, because Jey is a decent mid/upper mid card guy.

I've enjoyed Raw quite a lot as of late since trying to switch my brain off and focus on the positives, it's the best way to go. Same with all wrestling really.

Yeah I didn't dare come on here and say it but I really liked the follow up video from Bo. It worked really well for me.

And Priest is definitely doing the best he can. I don't think he's a terrible champ. I just think he almost suffers from being surrounded by a lot of guys who are at the top of their game like Drew.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OzExile said:

I hope the Drew winning and cashing in on the night hint is a swerve. And still hoping they give it to Chad! 

Before he got moved into the Wyatt fued, my pick was Chad winning and using it to beat Sami Zayn for the IC belt later that night. 

I know many are probably turned off by a mid card title win for MITB, considering his year long + story to win that belt, would actually make sense.

Anyway my pick is Carmelo Hayes, after CM Punk fucks McIntyre over. Not saying it's the option I'd go for, that's just who I think will claim at the end of the night. 

As for the women's I'm going Chelsea Green. She's been fantastic in her role, and I think giving her the MITB briefcase as a prop will go a long way with her character on TV. 

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members

Punk thwarting a McIntyre cash in is the only way to go for me.

For the other briefcase it’s no doubt Tiffy Time.

• Paid Members

Yeah Stratton teasing cash-ins with the threat of Nia splatting people on her behalf makes a lot of sense. Would dearly love it to be Chelsea Green though. 

Bo Dallas being decent isn’t a surprise, carny fuckers who grow up around the business are usually pretty good promos and he’s got good motivation for the role he’s in. It’s just that nobody is going to have the desire to see him bell to bell which was Bray’s main problem. Recently solo heel Chad Gable being the first target is odd though. Feels like a bad fit and that it will derail the great work he’s been doing.