The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Personally I blame the WWE for listening to people on the internet. For years they've been banging on about long title Reigns, the champion not appearing on every show, title defences feeling special. 

Hot shot the belts like it's WCW 99 baby.

Extremes being the only options in wrestling discourse, natch. Can't be having no middle grounds. 

Oh yeah. Here we go. 

First proper road to WrestleMania segment since the chaos butterfly flapped its wings and I think they nailed it here. Straightforward, feelgood, "Here's what's happening, so get excited about it now" storytelling. You may as well go Bret WrestleMania X and have the locker room come out and shoulder Cody if he wins the big one if you're going for the "We're all behind you taking down this evil empire" dollar on this one. 

Rollins best promo work probably ever, as well:

"I am sick and I am tired of these arrogant, entitled pricks who think they can do whatever they want - throw their weight around - with no consequences. I am sick of them always getting away with it."

Am I reading into that? You betcha. 

It's the way he'll do the insane line and then robotically pivot with 'Anywho'. It's the exact WWE writing style that makes all these backstage segments look stagey and awful but he's channeled it into his own comedy. 

• Paid Members

Seth Rollins producing the first good promos of his career now is both perfect timing and a great relief, and that was an excellent segment.

Of course, he's going to turn on Rhodes and cost him the title at Wrestlemania but even so.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Of course, he's going to turn on Rhodes and cost him the title at Wrestlemania but even so.

Big time.

That was my major takeaway... Cody may actually not finish the story, and their so-called 'pivot' may just be long-grassing what they wanted to do all along.

Don't want Cody/Seth for the World Title at Mania? Don't want Rock/Roman for the WWE Title at Mania? Fine... see you in August, dickheads.

I think there is a very real chance that they've convinced themselves that Cody winning Seth's title is a good enough conclusion to the 'finish the story' nonsense.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Big time.

That was my major takeaway... Cody may actually not finish the story, and their so-called 'pivot' may just be long-grassing what they wanted to do all along.

Don't want Cody/Seth for the World Title at Mania? Don't want Rock/Roman for the WWE Title at Mania? Fine... see you in August, dickheads.

I think there is a very real chance that they've convinced themselves that Cody winning Seth's title is a good enough conclusion to the 'finish the story' nonsense.

There are only two conclusions - that one or everyone walks away from Reigns just as he needs them, to start off his babyface turn. It's a 50/50 shot.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Why would you even say this?!

This was a very good Raw in highlight form. It's still too long and has too many hokey backstage bits for me to watch the whole show but I'm enjoying WWE more than I have in years. Might even stay up to watch Mania at this rate.

49 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

"I am sick and I am tired of these arrogant, entitled pricks who think they can do whatever they want - throw their weight around - with no consequences. I am sick of them always getting away with it."

Am I reading into that? You betcha. 

Yeah.  Didn't he also say something about people "making decisions"?   Watch your back Cody,.

I'm hoping that the WWE goes full schmoz at the end of Cody v Roman.   Have the Bloodline out there interfering, Rollins comes out but then turns on Cody, Jey comes out, then Rocky comes out, then glass smashes, Austin comes out to fight The Rock ringside.  Just throw everything at it, but keep it all out of the ring so Cody gets a clean pin on Roman.

I think both Cody and Rollins knew that the last week or so has been incredibly messy, and it was really important to hit a home run here. Both of them had a sense of motivation and urgency, particularly Rollins, to make this good and make this matter. Put all the online controversy (around this angle, at least) to rest and channel everything into what they're actually working towards at WrestleMania.

Was fantastic stuff.

• Paid Members

"At least it wasn't the other two I guess" is the best line Gargano has had in the whole of his WWE run. 

It does feel at the minute that there will be more people involved in the schmozz at the end or Cody v Roman than there were in D-Day landings. Its going to be messy but I pray fir Supremo's sanity that Cody wins.