The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Raw is an odd show these days. Generally there's a lot of good stuff on it, but the fact it's a 3-hour show leaves even the stronger shows feeling less entertaining. I hope, when the next TV deal is negotiated, it results in the show going back to 2-hours; with the occasional 3-hour special. 

Triple H actually done an interview on this a while ago about how he finds it so hard to book a 3 hour show compared to a 2 hour show. He very much seemed in favour of a 2 hour show so I wonder if his new found messiah status with Endeavour will support him in doing that. Only issue I imagine is the rights wouldn’t be worth as much to cut an hour of content.

Anyway, I watched RAW and I only came into this thread to give Tozawa some love so glad to see that’s already out there. 

You can have 3 hours of wrestling programming without it being a 3 hour show.

You could have a 1 hr show followed by a 2 hour Raw or vica versa depending on what the rating say is the most watched hour.

How about an exclusive women’s show, or another Cruisers show?  Or a recap show with a panel of guests?  

Personally I’d love an hour of main roster guys working squash matches against PC guys.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

You can have 3 hours of wrestling programming without it being a 3 hour show.

You could have a 1 hr show followed by a 2 hour Raw or vica versa depending on what the rating say is the most watched hour.

How about an exclusive women’s show, or another Cruisers show?  Or a recap show with a panel of guests?  

Personally I’d love an hour of main roster guys working squash matches against PC guys.

That's not what the USA Network wants or is paying for.   They want a 3 hour live event show.

I just don’t get the same buzz from Raw as I do Smackdown. Too many acts that don’t do anything for me. Crowd weren’t very good, either.

I like wrestlers to show a more nuanced take on human emotions, but thought Sami came across like a bit of a wet blanket in the opening and subsequent segment.

I’m not into Ricochet and thought that match was rubbish, just a lovely walk from pre-planned spot to pre-planned spot for them. Naff.

Drew McIntyre and his hair dye are a bit lame. Seth Rollins doesn’t even know what his character is. Zero interest in that.

Gunther is effortlessly brilliant, no matter the circumstance. Great match with someone I don’t think anyone cares about usually. Gunther’s run of mini-feuds is so good.

Gargano getting beat is very funny.

Clever use of the tag titles to get Jey/Cody on Smackdown long enough for Roman to co-ordinate an attack on Jey to get them back off the show. Love how that’s starting to heat up again.

The Judgment Day just aren’t good enough to hold a show together. They’re 1 main event talent (Rhea Ripley) alongside 3 mid- or lower- mid card guys. They were just about fine when they were wearing bucket hats and pissing about in race cars, but they’re just not doing it for me as the main event heels for Raw.

Plenty of top faces knocking about the shows at the minute, but I think they’re really lacking on the heel side. Elevating Gunther and bringing back a certain grumpy Chicago native might help.

Samantha Irvin is horrific. Is she taking the piss? How is she allowed on TV? 

Bring on Friday.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

29 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Gunther is effortlessly brilliant, no matter the circumstance. Great match with someone I don’t think anyone cares about usually. Gunther’s run of mini-feuds is so good.

It’s probably a symptom of people not watching Raw, but I’m a little surprised that he’s not really being talked about as wrestler of the year on these boards. He’s consistently sensational.

3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Drew McIntyre and his hair dye are a bit lame.

Wholeheartedly agree that the hair dye is both really obvious and a bit sad, but I'm enjoying Drew's challenge for the title this time and the seemingly inevitable heel turn that's coming off of it. It's a common comment that any effective heel should feel justified in what they do, and Drew's motivations for his behaviour are all completely rooted in logic. It feels like when he does snap and turn on Rollins or whoever, he'll have a great basis for it. If anything, it's a shame it's Seth he's playing off, though I was amused to hear him called out for his persistent "character reinventions" this week on Raw.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Samantha Irvin is horrific. Is she taking the piss? How is she allowed on TV? 

She is, but twitter loves her, she also vanity searches herself she found a post I made (I didn’t @ her in) saying I didn’t like it, quote tweeted it about how successful she is and then blocked me, the thin skinned weirdo. Only other people I’ve known like that are Alex Shane and Joel Ross from JK and Joel. Great company.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Nakamura is looking for an opponent? An opponent who can set him free?

They’re laying it on a bit thick, aren’t they? I know they’ve trolled their own audience before, many times, but…. I think I’m hanging my hat on “he’s coming back” now.

Never forget mind, I’m the man who confidently predicted in December 13 “No fucking way does Cena work Bray Wyatt at Mania.”

11 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Nakamura is looking for an opponent? An opponent who can set him free?

If they announce a Nakamura open challenge for Survivor Series, the internet will go utterly loopy.

Tin foil hats, lads.

Guaranteed to be Randy Orton, what a swerve.

Edited by The King of Old School