The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Two rosters with one champion was my favourite aspect of the early brand split - I'm sure touring reasons and needing viable house show headliners presented all sorts of complications, but I loved that you could have a champion building up a pay-per-view feud on one brand while having a separate feud on the other. So while The Undertaker was building up to a forgettable PPV match with Hulk Hogan, he was also setting up that brilliant ladder match with Jeff Hardy. It allowed the champion to potentially elevate challengers further down the card that they would never have given a shot on pay-per-view, but could get a bit of a shine on TV. 

The flip side to this was when they had two champions for two shows and the star power to do single brand PPVs, it gave the other show chance to do a big title match on TV with a “Clash of the Champions” style feel to it. So when Raw had the Unforgiven PPV, the SmackDown before had Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar in an Iron Man match for the title supported by Haas & Benjamin vs Los Guerreros for the tag belts, then the month after No Mercy was SmackDowns PPV and the night after Raw put on Goldberg vs HBK for the big gold belt. So not only did the brand split done properly give them chance to run two distinct rosters on the road, it also gave them chance to restore some shine to the weekly TV with occasional big time episodes.

You know things are fucked when I’m referring to 2003 booking as better times.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Perry said:

So can we blame FOX for us getting the rumoured Ronda v Charlotte at Mania? Apparently they insist on having her on the blue brand.

I’ll be happier with that than Lynch vs Ronda with Becky wrongly scripted as the heel in that particular scenario.

• Paid Members

So if Becky and Lita is happening in Saudi does that mean we're likely to get Becky and Bliss at WrestleMania? 

Right now she feels the only one fresh enough that hasn't been beaten or about to be beaten by Becky unless they roll out Beth Phoenix or Trish for a Old School vs New School style match at Mania. 

• Paid Members
On 1/26/2022 at 12:49 PM, air_raid said:

The flip side to this was when they had two champions for two shows and the star power to do single brand PPVs, it gave the other show chance to do a big title match on TV with a “Clash of the Champions” style feel to it. So when Raw had the Unforgiven PPV, the SmackDown before had Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar in an Iron Man match for the title supported by Haas & Benjamin vs Los Guerreros for the tag belts, then the month after No Mercy was SmackDowns PPV and the night after Raw put on Goldberg vs HBK for the big gold belt. So not only did the brand split done properly give them chance to run two distinct rosters on the road, it also gave them chance to restore some shine to the weekly TV with occasional big time episodes.

You know things are fucked when I’m referring to 2003 booking as better times.

I used to hate that they'd do that. I would rather they'd have spent the extra time between brand PPVs to have a longer build for the matches there. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I used to hate that they'd do that. I would rather they'd have spent the extra time between brand PPVs to have a longer build for the matches there. 

Might have been creatively nice, but reconditioning the viewers to appreciate a longer wait for the big matches in 2003 after six straight years of all the stars doing the big matches every month might have been problematic, especially it a time where they were perceived to have more guys to serve up the goods than ever before. Having a roster so deep that Shawn or Brock are only appearing on half the TV but then making them wait two months for their big match instead of the traditional one, probably wouldn’t fly to Vince for trying to hold the attention span of an audience already dwindling.

2 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

So if Becky and Lita is happening in Saudi does that mean we're likely to get Becky and Bliss at WrestleMania? 

Right now she feels the only one fresh enough that hasn't been beaten or about to be beaten by Becky unless they roll out Beth Phoenix or Trish for a Old School vs New School style match at Mania. 

Becky/Belair should be where they go.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

If they DID, it would be a great chance for Alexa to point out that she terminated Becky’s first title reign so she’s more than happy to end her latest. But they won’t write that, because their ignorance of their own history is hilarious at times.

• Paid Members

They’ll probably move Charlottes belt onto someone else and just do Ronda vs Charlotte vs Becky again, thinking that they fucked it up last time so this time they can do it “properly.”

In other words, with Charlotte winning.

13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

They’ll probably move Charlottes belt onto someone else and just do Ronda vs Charlotte vs Becky again, thinking that they fucked it up last time so this time they can do it “properly.”

In other words, with Charlotte winning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually go down this road.  Are they scared to have Ronda V Becky in a singles match or what?

They know that's the match every fucker wants