WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

I'll confess my ignorance of video game development but unless I have missed something it's the same game using the same engine so I find it hard to believe that the DLC can't also be released on PS4.

I've seen "optimised for PS5" thrown about but that feels like vague PR spin to me. 

I'm not going to throw a fit like some idiots no doubt will but I do think it's pretty shitty.

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'll confess my ignorance of video game development but unless I have missed something it's the same game using the same engine so I find it hard to believe that the DLC can't also be released on PS4.

I've seen "optimised for PS5" thrown about but that feels like vague PR spin to me. 

I'm not going to throw a fit like some idiots no doubt will but I do think it's pretty shitty.

The PS5 version of the game is using different textures at a minimum and I mean yeah, they could possibly use lower resolution versions for PS4 but I'm not sure just how easy it is to implement that. There will be a bunch of other optimizations like lighting too, I'm sure Digital Foundry will take a deep look at it and say for sure if it could have been ported back to PS4 easily.

Edited by Merzbow

50 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Just finished Bloodborne, the good ending. Literally shaking at the end. Possibly one of the best games I’ve ever played. Still think Frenzy is a shit mechanic.

I'm hoping it gets a PS5 patch, doesn't even need any upgraded visuals as it's still one of the best looking games ever due to the art direction. I just want it at 60 frames per second.

Did you do the DLC stuff? The fight with Maria is probably my favourite in the game, beat her first time with an invisible sliver of health and nearly had a heart attack.

40 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm hoping it gets a PS5 patch, doesn't even need any upgraded visuals as it's still one of the best looking games ever due to the art direction. I just want it at 60 frames per second.

Did you do the DLC stuff? The fight with Maria is probably my favourite in the game, beat her first time with an invisible sliver of health and nearly had a heart attack.

No I was going to buy the dlc but it went up from half price to full price  so decided to wait for it to go back down. Seeing how much the difficulty ramps up on NG+ I wish I had. I just dropped 90000 BE to Father G!

• Paid Members

Remnant from the Ashes is dogshit, I think I got it on the Epic Game Store for free and it's just rubbish. It tries to be Bloodborne/Dark Souls but with GUNS and just isn't very good.

I'm glad I didn't drop money on FFVIIR last month when I planned on. Will play it on PS+ and then decide if I want the DLC/PS5 upgrade I do suppose. 

• Paid Members

What's the cheapest way these days to get Xbox live and Game pass on an XBONE? My daughter wants to play on Minecraft with her mates, but not sure of the best way to go about it financially?

11 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

What's the cheapest way these days to get Xbox live and Game pass on an XBONE? My daughter wants to play on Minecraft with her mates, but not sure of the best way to go about it financially?

At this point this subject should have its own thread. Find the cheapest bundle of gold, up to 36 months and take the £1 offer of Gamepass Ultimate that converts your anything up to 36 months of gold to Gamepass Ultimate. Then again if she literally only wants to play Minecraft then just buy a Minecraft code as the servers are free now I think.

• Paid Members

Made the huge mistake of trying to get Platinum on Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered. NNK2 was a grind to get Platinum but just stopped shy of overstaying its welcome. This one however completely gets bogged down in the endgame with some really grindy and frustration trophies that require hours of grinding extremely rare enemies and hoping you can steal/they drop an extremely rare item numerous times. I'm 101 hours in and I still have 4 trophies to get. Thankfully I think the hardest ones are behind me almost but it's really killed the fun.

• Paid Members

There's talk of the Avengers game going free to play as a last ditch attempt to breathe some life back into it, but it looks like if they do go free to play they're also going to make it even grindier than I hear it already is. I'm almost tempted to give it a look if it does go free to play, but it'd probably depend on how grindy they make it.

I hate that so many people were taken off development of future Deus Ex's to make that pile of most generic garbage. I mean it makes sense to try and get that marvel money but it's such a failed experiment, one that should have been easy to do.