WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

I picked up Mario Vs Donkey Kong. It's not a difficult game but it's a fun platform puzzler. It's pretty easy to twig the controls and work out the idea of the game. There is different modes, so far I've chosen the classic. 

If you want a huge challenge from a game then this isn't for you. I hate really difficult games and this offers some challenge but no frustration.

I was in CEX and it was between this and Red Dead but I don't think I have time for Red dead.

• Paid Members
On 5/18/2024 at 6:20 AM, Jazzy G said:

I've been playing Two Point Campus on Switch. I sailed through the first mission, got the college up to three stars, and now am really struggling with the second one, as I anticipated. I'm soldiering on because it is fun. I'll have a crack at sandbox mode as that may be a little more my pace. 

I'm getting towards the end of Two Point Campus now; the second level is the cooking one, right? My tips for that one would be to make sure you have a Student Union big enough to fit a stage in, organise the cook-offs at the earliest opportunity, and whenever you have to get the university's rating up on anything (I think entertainment and hygiene are the key ones in that level), just figure out what rooms or items increase that and place them very liberally. The rating will fluctuate based on the number of students and how they're behaving, so sometimes it's just a waiting game.

I've found as the game goes on that generally getting one star takes some actual effort and strategy, and then once you get to two and three it's often just a case of sitting back and letting the game take care of itself if you've set everything up well enough. It can make it dull at times, but also means I can leave it playing in the background for a few minutes while I go and do something without risk of everything falling down. It does get tedious when the challenge is something like "get a campus attractiveness rating of 80%", and the only way you can really do that is just spamming pictures on all the walls, rugs on all the floors, and fountains in every bit of free space outside and hoping for the best.

• Paid Members

It is the cookery one. It asked me to build a sweet kitchen for the start of the second year, then kept complaining that I needed another savoury kitchen. I ended up having to get a loan. 

• Paid Members

yeah, as you progress through the first 3 or 4 years of a course you'll often have to build new rooms (usually duplicates of what you already have), especially if you upgrade the courses between levels - and you need to upgrade the courses to get them a high enough level to do all the cook-offs. It can be annoying when you're running out of space.

Don't worry about having to take out loans - I don't think there's been a single level where I haven't needed them to progress, and I've never got to a point where I've ended up in so much debt that I actually lose the level (I don't even know if that can happen), you always make the money back eventually, even if it just means some tedious waiting for the end of the year.

• Paid Members

Currently playing God of War: Ragnarok. I'm pretty exhausted and time poor these days (due to kid stuff) so my gaming time is limited and I find the only things I can really relax and enjoy are super simple and straightforward Triple A style games that I can pick up with ease at any spare point. I'm enjoying this one a lot. Gameplay wise it's basically the same thing over and over but its managing to stay satisfying regardless. The look, feel, characters and story of the world are very polished and good. I've definitely become a big softy since becoming a Dad because the themes of fatherhood and your child growing up and finding their own way are hitting me pretty hard - I'll likely be in tears at the ending.

Been really enjoying NHL24 lately. Ive been playing it on and off for a few years now, and it's a sport that's particularly well suited to being made into a videogame. I've tried Madden and NBA etc but they just don't have the same enjoyment factor as gliding across ice, belting a puck around or crushing into opponents. At first it seems like there are more controls than a space ship but everythings quite intuitive and it's just a case of them detailing pretty much every manoeuvre you could do if you wanted to rather than having to get a degree to be competitive. Only slight downside is that it releases every year with minimal changes, but they've pretty much perfected the formula and most of the time they add a fun twist that doesn't fundamentally alter the core gameplay. Any other NHL players here, or any recommendations for other sports Sims that are worth the time and effort? 

9 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

Any other NHL players here, or any recommendations for other sports Sims that are worth the time and effort? 

Yep I play NHL, NBA 2k and MLB The Show more than any other game. Usually play one for weeks on end and can then ignore it for weeks. Career mode tends to be the main one but the NBA one is a bit shit so I stick to the “Build your own team” mode in that one. 

29 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Good man! Keep us posted how you get on with it. Give it a little patience and accept that at the beginning you quite literally have the abilities of a medieval peasant and hopefully you find yourself loving it like me. 

I read on a review that someone found a potion recipe or something, but because their character couldn't read, they had to learn to read first before they could craft it. Obviously they had that as a negative but I thought that sounded brilliant! Mind you I’m the guy who hopes the cars in GTA have fuel gauges. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Astro is up there with my favourite PS5 games so I'm day one for this. I don't think anything else has come close to using the controller to its full potential.

It’s almost got me tempted to pick up a PS5 but there’s just nothing else on the console that interests me other than FFVII. A lot to spend for two games.

Astro looks the closest to a Mario quality game anyone other than Nintendo has ever came though.