WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

It's worth buying the Switch Online package, for about £18 quid a year you get about a hundred NES/Gameboy/SNES titles to play and for a few quid more you also get N64 and GBA.

I honestly think you could keep yourself entertained for a long time just on what's in that library, it's incredible.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Rayman Legends is also really fun - it's weirdly underrated; I'd go as far as to call it one of the best 2D platforms ever, but it has somehow been slightly forgotten about. 

Is this the one which had levels timed to music? So you'd be running along and every jump would correspond to a drum beat, for example? I remember loving that on the old Wii U.

3 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Good recommendations as always, @RedRooster.

I was playing Tinykin when I found out the Queen died, oddly enough. And I was playing Escape From Monkey Island on PS2 when I found out about 9/11. 

I’m not saying the two things are connected but  there’s some really interesting questions to be asked, really makes you think man./Jericho.

16 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Is this the one which had levels timed to music? So you'd be running along and every jump would correspond to a drum beat, for example? I remember loving that on the old Wii U.

Yes - there are levels like that. It was supposed to be a Wii U exclusive a first, before that console flopped badly. I absolutely loved my Wii U, although it's become less important to me over the years given that almost every major exclusive it had has been ported to Switch or elsewhere. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I absolutely loved my Wii U, although it's become less important to me over the years given that almost every major exclusive it had has been ported to Switch or elsewhere. 

The Wii U was the last time I really sunk a lot of time into video games. It hads some absolute little gems on there but like you say, most made the jump onto the Switch.

I'd highly recommend Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for anyone who hasn't played it. Genuinely one of my favourite games of the last ten years (granted, I don't play much anymore!)

• Paid Members

Currently playing Sable, it's one of the free PS Plus games this month. It's an incredibly relaxing and beautiful game. The soundtrack and art direction are sublime. It's not an exciting game so to speak, there's no real threat, action or danger. But it's just nice to explore this empty, barren and pretty world for small little discoveries and stories with no urgency or the game forcing you in a certain direction.

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve gone back to Death Stranding for a 3rd time, currently trying for the platinum but not rushing it, just walking around delivering packages is fun enough for me.

Pandemic postie by day and post apocalyptic postie by night was one of my funnest times in gaming. Really want to go back to get the platinum one day. Hopefully a world crisis is on the horizon so I can get it done sooner rather than later.

6 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Currently playing Sable, it's one of the free PS Plus games this month. It's an incredibly relaxing and beautiful game. The soundtrack and art direction are sublime. It's not an exciting game so to speak, there's no real threat, action or danger. But it's just nice to explore this empty, barren and pretty world for small little discoveries and stories with no urgency or the game forcing you in a certain direction.

As usual, your taste in games is impeccable. I absolutely second this. It's one of the first games I played on Steam Deck, and while it definitely suits the handheld format, it's an overlooked gem that I'd like to see more people play. 

6 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve gone back to Death Stranding for a 3rd time, currently trying for the platinum but not rushing it, just walking around delivering packages is fun enough for me.

I need to try this game again. I gave up on it very quickly, possibly too quickly. 

• Paid Members

I'll second the Death Stranding love. It's my favourite Kojima game by a mile, and I really love the take on asynchronous multiplayer by having other people's structures show up in your world - does a lot to land the feeling of connection and helping others to rebuild a society in the wake of apocalypse. Played it on PS4 then bought the Director's Cut on PC just to do it all again, I think it might actually be the best game ever made.