WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

21 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

House Flipper is now on Gamepass for those who want another chilled out timewasting simulation, fuck landlords, innit, but I do enjoy doing up a house and selling it on there.

I know he is not everyones cup of tea but this is one of my favourite Limmy videos

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Merzbow said:

House Flipper is now on Gamepass for those who want another chilled out timewasting simulation, fuck landlords, innit, but I do enjoy doing up a house and selling it on there.

If you're on Switch there's a similar game called Train Station Renovation where you clean derilict railway stations and can refurnish them if you want. There are more powerful tools available, but I've not figured out how to buy them yet. 

Bit of a serious plea for recommendations here.

A bipolar friend was recently sectioned for a while, and one positive to come from it was drawing a line under an MMO they were spending too much time on.

But the social aspect was beneficial and something learnt during their time on the ward is that they benefit from a routine.

So I'm wondering if there are any decent MMOs that would provide that social connection but designed around limits to how much the player can accomplish per day - so that it's worth making a point of logging on, but not staying logged on for hours.

I don't play online at all, so hope someone here more knowledgeable can suggest any titles that might fit the bill.

2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Bit of a serious plea for recommendations here.

A bipolar friend was recently sectioned for a while, and one positive to come from it was drawing a line under an MMO they were spending too much time on.

But the social aspect was beneficial and something learnt during their time on the ward is that they benefit from a routine.

So I'm wondering if there are any decent MMOs that would provide that social connection but designed around limits to how much the player can accomplish per day - so that it's worth making a point of logging on, but not staying logged on for hours.

I don't play online at all, so hope someone here more knowledgeable can suggest any titles that might fit the bill.

Free to play mobile games have lots of gated time restrictions. There would be big issues if addiction and spending money is a problem though. 

I play a daft match mobile game called Puzzle Combat. It has clan support, Wars with other alliances, events etc. These can also be very pay to win type games though. It passes 30 minutes to an hour a day for me but I'm not sure its right here for your friend tbh.  Alot of MMO's are designed to be massive time sinks.

• Paid Members

There are so many reviews of that, and other games from the same publisher on YouTube. 

Got an email from Microsoft today telling me that they're discontinuing 360 titles as part of Games With Gold from October. I do wonder whether they're going restructure Gold/Gamepass into something similar to the way PSPlus has been rearranged.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that's what they said in the email. Didn't stop them giving away games that they've already given away in the last couple of months, plus you'd think the purchases of Zenimax and Activision Blizzard would free up a few more options for them. 

Mrs Jazzy is quite keen for me to start Crash Bandicoot 4 now that it's been given away on PSN, but I know I'm going to be terrible at it. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Got super excited at the GoW release date today of 11/09/22 as it’s the date that Mrs Danger and kids go on holiday with her mum for two weeks. A few hours later I realised Americans do dates wrong. Would it be unreasonable of me to demand they rearrange their holiday for November?

Edited by Mr_Danger

There hasn’t been much I’ve looked forward to for such a long time apart from God Of War Ragnarok and Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth so to get a release date for Ragnarok finally after all the rumours is great, booked a couple of days off this morning and can’t wait.

On 7/6/2022 at 1:58 AM, Merzbow said:

It's weird seeing actual effort put in to these games, I remember when they were utter shite you'd find for sale in Wilko on that rack with shovelware games along with this..

spacer.png

Despite it's 0/10 playability, a copy sells for around 100 quid. I found a copy in a retro game for a pound. I don't think they knew what they had. Most Phoenix games have a low print run, are utterly dire (apart from Hoppy) and are now quite pricy. 

Enjoy World Wrestling Challenge featuring no wrestling. It is a reskin of KO King.
https://youtu.be/1mnQdpZ8y7A

• Paid Members

Interesting preview of the Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels DLC that arrives in the 19th. Looks interesting, even if it is just to drive around and see the views from up there. 

On 6/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Always wanted to play both games of Little Nightmares but not at the price they were going for, cheapest I can find them currently is £28 for both, worth the purchase at that price or do they usually go on sale regularly? 

Both games are now going for £16.50 on PSN so I might pick it up for that price