Moves that make you wince

garynysmon

Since seeing a superplex go wrong at an EVE show (no one was hurt somehow) that move now really scares me. 

On the Styles Clash, not only is it supposedly a risk move to take but I've also always thought it looks a bit shite. Then again at least it's not the suplex/neckbreaker combo. 

• Paid Members

Never thought I'd see Super Dragon slander in this thread. Outrageous behaviour. Blasphemy.

On-topic, any move where a wrestler is crotched on the ropes looks painful. There's no way to protect your gonads when you're falling onto the turnbuckle. Must be one of those unavoidably painful things that can't be helped in wrestling, like chops or Johnny Gargano staring at his hands.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Never thought I'd see Super Dragon slander in this thread. Outrageous behaviour. Blasphemy.

He always seemed to beat the absolute shite out of people but the only injury I've ever heard him cause is he knocked out Joey Ryan with a clothesline once at the end of an Iron Man match. Pretty remarkable considering his trademark moves were all very dangerous looking. 

Personally I hate the reverse hurricanrana because of how dangerous it looks, and that so many people do them now they don't mean anything anyway and barely get a reaction.

Edited by LaGoosh

20 hours ago, Tommy! said:

That's the sad thing when you step back and look at it a crisp bridging german suplex should be a great special finish, but it's just thrown out there and / or chained mid match. It's not a particularly nice looking bump to take, having never taken one it might be a dream but it always gets an "ohh" from me, but not nearly as big a one as it deserves. 

From experience Germans are perfectly safe as long as you tuck your head and the guy giving the move isn't wreck less. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Since seeing a superplex go wrong at an EVE show (no one was hurt somehow) that move now really scares me

I remember seeing a botched superplex from the top of a cage in the opener of a show in some sports hall somewhere or other. Concussion and a dislocated shoulder was the outcome from what I recall. What stands out is that the "ohhh" reaction from everyone shipped in for the show closing rumble poking their head through the curtain was really noticeable next to the apathy of the crowd. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I assure you I'm not the only one who thinks Super Dragon is a useless turd.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I assure you I'm not the only one who thinks Super Dragon is a useless turd.

Is? The guy's basically been retired since 2008. Think he's only had 2 matches since then.

As the booker and owner behind PWG he's probably actually had a far bigger impact on modern wrestling than most would imagine I reckon.