Moves that make you wince

garynysmon

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That 2nd dive, the one to the outside looked amazing.

Yeah for clarity, I'm only on about dive 1 and 3 on that compilation.

The type of dive that is from a height that could quite easily paralyze or kill someone. The poor fuckers who put their bodies in the way of the divers are almost as mental.

• Paid Members

I remember Daniels taking a horrible looking bump from a scaffold on some TNA show. It was an ultimate X or elevation X and he landed from a good hight horribly going for something that looked shite.

It's one of the few which still amazes me no-one was hurt.

I remember ECW showing slow mo footage of Benoit breaking sabu's neck while Benoit voiced over with a promo on the weekly TV comps Delta put out. That's astounding to see and have him get away without more major injury.

While looking for the footage of these two, which failed, I did find a gif of taka at the rumble which still makes me laugh even after all these years for some reason.

• Paid Members

The one move that has made me wince the most was when at a CZW event, Spyral BKNY performed a top turnbuckle moonsault styles-clash type manovure on Mike Sydal, knocking Sydal out cold. There is absolutely no way that the person taking it can defend themselves, with a legit KO & other injuries the very least of the outcomes.
I'd also agree with those who mention the likes of the poison hurricanrana, or any manovure that involves the recipient "landing" on their head or neck after flipping backwards - doubly dangerous when done on a ring apron or other hard, not well protected surface.

I can't remember who said it, but one issue with a lot of pro wrestlers today, even some in the WWE, is that they're their own best/worst marks, prepared to do something that is legitimately career ending, or worse, to try and get a cheap pop with the crowd that is say not even a regular match finisher or important to the physiological element of the bout e.g. a move of utter desperation. It might be justified as a feud ending manovure as a big pay off at a major event, but it's not worth it being paid £30 in front of a crowd of 100. That mentality really needs to start having a grip being put on it the same way some of the stuff from the Attitude Era was so over the top either in performance (like Mankind in KOTR 98) or general public taste (Mae Young giving birth to a hand) that someone will have to call for it to be toned down perhaps with a final big bang like WrestleMania 17,before it comes to an abrupt halt.

• Paid Members
On 6/5/2020 at 9:34 PM, Merzbow said:

That 2nd dive, the one to the outside looked amazing.

See, I agree with both points. 

It absolutely was amazing, and it was executed beautifully, but I still winced because the risk of serious neck injury there was sky high.