Moves that make you wince

garynysmon

• Paid Members

I have just watched a few Samoa Joe matches for over the years and the muscle-buster looks brutal. I remember round about 2009/10 a lot of local indie shows featured the "top rope" version which legitimately looked as if it killed* the recipient.

*Which leads to a petty annoyance - 30 seconds later the recipient is up juking about as if nothing ever happened and the match goes another 25 minutes.

That A.J. Styles finisher where he pancakes his opponent from having them upside down and wrapped round his legs gives me the heebies as I always expect the recipient to instinctively tuck their chin and then break their neck.

Edited by IronSheik

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, IronSheik said:

That A.J. Styles finisher where he pancakes his opponent from having them upside down and wrapped round his legs

He should definitely get a more catchy name for it than that.

9 hours ago, gmoney said:

Scott Steiner's flipping powerslam is utterly incredible and ridiculous. It looks like he might kill himself doing it. I think he did stop because he landed on his head too many times. 

Love Scott but hate that move.

Its in that category of being more dangerous yet looking less impactful than a regular power slam. Plus crowd didn’t give a shite. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Love Scott but hate that move.

Its in that category of being more dangerous yet looking less impactful than a regular power slam. Plus crowd didn’t give a shite. 

Back when I was training, I did the ring music for a K-Star show. I was watching the matches via a live feed backstage, and in one of the matches they did a standing Spanish Fly. It got no reaction from the audience of young kids and families, who didn't know what to make of it, and all I hear from behind me is one of the trainers shouting "I TOLD THEM IT WOULDN'T GET A REACTION!! I FUCKING TOLD THEM!!!", practically doing a victory lap around the locker room area.