Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

There was one of the recent interviews they did (I think) where Steve-O said they legally couldn’t do the Bungee Toilet with human poo so they found a website that sells real dog poo and filled it with dog poo. His plan was to keep his mouth closed but as soon as they launched him he instinctively screamed and filled his mouth with dog shit.

Posted

Saw it in the cinema this afternoon and would agree with Supremo it was still good fun despite having seen a lot of the clips before. I was kind of expecting it to be a bit more like a documentary taking through the history to contextualise the older stuff and going over the comradery/what it meant bits in bit more than they did with some new bits thrown in but it was still nice seeing the classics with other people who hadn't seen them and seeing their reaction. Looked like they touched up some of the older footage as the butt car x-ray seemed a lot sharper and more detailed than before to my eyes.

Highlight of the new stuff for me was Knoxville full on kneeing Ehren in the bollocks like a woman dealing with a mugger in a 90s TV show when he came at him after the Meter Fairy revenge bit.  

  • Paid Members
Posted

Sometimes you feel sorry for Ehran, but even after all this time he does himself no favours with his attitude and reactions. Case in point the scene Ulf mentioned, where Ehren goes after Knoxville and is easily dispatched. He just has no cool factor, even after all these years. Poor guy.

I enjoyed the movie, moreso because I was with friends, but it did feel half-baked and rushed. I assume they banked on a proper reunion with Bam as a central theme, then when it became clear that wasn't going to happen they had to slap something else together. 

Posted

Finally got round to seeing this last night and echo the general consensus that it was alright but nowhere near the standards of the previous movies.  It seemed to exist more as closure for the cast than as something that needed to exist as a full length movie.  I'd have been quite happy if they'd just stuck with the format of older/unseen clips with the guys talking about the history, as barely any of the newly shot stunts felt worthwhile (and viewing them mixed in with all of the older clips certainly didn't help their cause).  While I don't begrudge them all getting a final payday I felt Jackass Forever did a much better job as a final send off, even down to the musical montage at the end. 

Posted (edited)

April Margera's finally commented on Don Vito being a nonce and it's not good, saying it was the young girls trying to make a "cash grab" and that it was dropped when there was no money to grab... sorry April but the cunt was convicted, he's a paedo. But how gross to say that about two 12 year old children.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted
40 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

April Margera's finally commented on Don Vito being a nonce and it's not good, saying it was the young girls trying to make a "cash grab" and that it was dropped when there was no money to grab... sorry April but the cunt was convicted, he's a paedo. But how gross to say that about two 12 year old children.

Someone should introduce them to Jerry Lawler.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Onyx2 and myself went to see it last week. I felt the same as others. It was enjoyable and laughed a lot, but it also wasn’t a patch on the others despite the emotional sentiment. Seeing the original skit for the first time was wild. Clearly knowing he was fine didn’t stop my heart racing watching it. 
 

overall, glad I watched it. Sad it’s done but probably the weakest of the main films.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

God yes I'd forgotten that 'pilot' skit. Terrifying. A decent watch and good for completists but a little thin on new stuff. Grateful for @John Matrix for mentioning this so I didn't binge beforehand.

Edited by Onyx2
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Best and Last is now out on digital, still not a big fan of how they did the film by focusing almost entirely on the stunt aspect, leaving out much of the sillier comedy which was just as important imo. It's a shame Brandon DiCamillo wanted nothing to do with any of it, he might actually be my fav from the whole Jackass/CKY world.

Natalie and Rachel have recently set up their own thing called Jackpuss too, felt like it was way too harsh how Natalie was treated for choking out Weeman when it was taken well by the actual cast (and Weeman himself) with even Knoxville reposting it before *someone* took offense.

https://www.instagram.com/jackpussforever/

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just watched the new film. There's a bit with Bam in it that just made me feel desperately sad. It's cut footage from Jackass Forever and it's a bit everyone else is doing in pairs except because Dunn has gone Bam is doing it alone, he's overweight, bloated, looks and sounds completely knackered and is probably days away from being fired for being an alcoholic. It's tragic to watch.

Posted

I've not been able to bring myself to watch this one. I'm sure I will eventually, but the format of it is not to my liking at all on paper, and if it weren't for Jackass's really high degree of feelgood cultural goodwill, I can't help but feel it probably would have gotten much more of a dressing down as a cash-in.

I was curious with Jackass Forever - the worst of them by a distance upon its release - as despite the large gap between all of the films it felt like the first one to come after their time, essentially. Whereas I know this time around with Dunn and the CKY crew absent from new footage and the press tour, it just ain't my Jackass. 

The stuff Bam's doing on Dern Bros YouTube channel has been a far cooler story, which doesn't help. It's not a Jackass replacement by any stretch, but it's been giving me the feels more than the last movie did just seeing him prattle on with photographic memory like an absolute maniac in mind numbing detail about skate history when a rotating cast of skaters, nomads and minor celebrities show up at his gaf to build ramps coming out the arse of his bathroom. 

 

Posted
On 8/12/2026 at 4:45 PM, The Gaffer said:

I was curious with Jackass Forever - the worst of them by a distance upon its release

It feels like about 70% of the content is all from that film, a total guess but I'm saying this entire new film was an order by Paramount that no-one was really in to doing.

I've been catching up on Bam Margera working with the Dern Brothers and he seems to be in such a better place now, people around him aren't enabling him and he's even got himself a Pro deal with Zero!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Saw it last night.  Felt like a Jackass 4.8 rather than a new film, like the new footage was stuff the just could t be arsed including in forever.  The whole thing just felt a little detached with a lot of the cast not being given chance to shine. Bit of a wet fart ending.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've had to unfollow a few Jackass/CKY Reddit threads because it's becoming a fucking downer seeing everyone micro-analyze these people's relationships and states of mind. Who's mates with who, who doesn't like who, what was real, what was fake, who has an ego problem, who has clear CTE, it's like a wrestling discussion but about people I actually want to see do well. I'd like to believe that everyone involved is living well and they all have a joyous memories of those times, I'll plead defiant ignorance on that viewpoint that until the day I die.

I showed my son the HIGH FIVE clip the other day, being five years old he of course loved it. I tried showing him other things (the stunt where they're slingshotting into the garden pool from Jackass 3, the office chair skateboarding bit from the TV show) but he didn't quite get what they were going for. He'll get there. There's not much else to show him really as a (slightly) responsible parent. Exciting times ahead though when he reaches 12 years old and I can reach up for that Jackass boxset on a boring Saturday night.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...