Paid Members Supremo Posted June 28 Paid Members Posted June 28 It looks like every episode of Jackass, alongside every film, is currently up on Paramount Plus. Might binge the whole shebang before watching the new film. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 28 Posted June 28 (edited) If anyone wants to watch the original unedited TV versions: https://archive.org/details/ds-store_202207/MTV+Jackass+Vol+1-6+dvds Quality isn't the best seeing as they were recorded from TV to VHS. (there's fan made versions that are cleaner but I can't really link them) Knoxville has been pretty down on the Paramount vesions and got them taken down at one point, are they now the unedited verions on there? Edited June 28 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members John Matrix Posted June 28 Paid Members Posted June 28 2 hours ago, Supremo said: It looks like every episode of Jackass, alongside every film, is currently up on Paramount Plus. Might binge the whole shebang before watching the new film. I would just say, as tempting as it is, that I did exactly this before realising the new film was a bit of a greatest hits, so in hindsight, I wish I hadn’t as the nostalgia stunts would have hit a little harder if I hadn’t seen them a few weeks prior. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 29 Author Members Posted June 29 A decent interview with Bam here (had it on in the background earlier, not sure if I could concentrate on him for 45 minutes) The most interesting stuff is him talking about CKY. The website that has produced this have made a photo book of the early days called "Can't Kill Yourself" but annoyingly you have to become a member of the website or some shit. Bam does sound and look better than he has in years, but he is MANIC, which is often the way with recovering addicts. I hope he stays well. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 30 Paid Members Posted June 30 (edited) Caught Jackass: Best and Last this morning. It’s easily the weakest film, but still thoroughly enjoyable, full of heart and love. I went four stars on Letterboxd. It’s increasingly clear that the majority of the cast are absolutely knackered and can barely do anything any more. All the new material appears to have been shot in a single day in an office car park. There’s a few good clips from the archives that they were never allowed to show before, including the opening skit that is absolutely fucking mental. Even knowing we’re nearly thirty years on and Johnny Knoxville is still with us, my anxiety was through the roof watching what he gets up to in that first five minutes. Felt like a snuff film. It’s carried by all the classic clips. They’re still so great and some of the risks Knoxville in particular took makes me extremely forgiving if this is a bit of a final cash grab. Have my money. You’ve earned it. The stuff with Ryan and Bam was sad. Would’ve been the perfect opportunity to close this off with Bam reuniting with them, but I guess it wasn’t to be. It makes it all the sadder that they all speak so lovingly of him, wishing him well, and then even now Bam’s sober I’ll still catch clips of him bitterly ranting about them. It’s not a hot take, but it is interesting - as others have mentioned - how Jackass has become almost revered as one of the more positive examples of masculinity in this day and age. Crazy considering how they were once thought to be poisoning the minds of the youth, whereas now I can’t wait for my son to be old enough to watch it with me. Far better than the majority of shit he could be watching online. My son’s only nine years old, so still nowhere near old enough to watch the majority of it, but I’ve shown him the Giant Hand and he rightly thought it was hilarious. As time goes on, it’s probably one of the greatest scenes in the history of cinema. Even getting a new angle of it during the end credits here, where you see it from behind when the hand smashes into Bam and turns him 2D. Oscar worthy on its own. Edited June 30 by Supremo He fell for the soup. Quote
Chili Posted June 30 Posted June 30 Johnny Knoxville is a real life Orange Cassidy. Just a cool fucker pissing charisma with a perfect wardrobe. Hard as nails or lacking any filter of fear depending how you judge the mental shit he willingly throws himself into, stunts and bump that'd make Rik & Ade sit him down to teach him it's a work... AND he's the most normal of the bunch. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 30 Posted June 30 Having rewatched the older films I've realised how much I struggle with the sick/poo stuff now. Ugh. Give me a giant hand anyday. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted June 30 Posted June 30 I think the leach on Steve-O’s eyeball remains my line in the sand. Absolutely revolting. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted June 30 Author Members Posted June 30 7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: I think the leach on Steve-O’s eyeball remains my line in the sand. Absolutely revolting. I always hated when he pierced his bum cheeks together. It just looked so tight and that it would rip at any moment. Heave. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 30 Paid Members Posted June 30 5 hours ago, Supremo said: All the new material appears to have been shot in a single day in an office car park. Close! Filming took one week. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted June 30 Paid Members Posted June 30 The sweat cocktail was the worst thing they done for me. Only thing that’s actually made me gag. The leech in the eye gets a fast forward to but the sweat cocktail makes me feel sick just typing this. Quote
Chili Posted June 30 Posted June 30 I always liked Dave England as a personality, but some of the bits based around him were absolutely over my limit. Quote
FTR2020 Posted June 30 Posted June 30 I think the puke omlette was the most horrific thing they done. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 30 Paid Members Posted June 30 I often found a lot of Steve-O's stuff to be a bit grim. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted June 30 Paid Members Posted June 30 The papercuts were the worst for me. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.