WWE HOF 2020

Mat

• Awards Moderator

Steiner went on a hilarious rant about the HOF:

“First off, where in the fuck is the Hall Of Fame? How can you be in the Hall Of Fame if it doesn’t exist? It exists in Vince’s mind. Do I give a fuck if I rent space in Vince’s mind? Fuck no, I don’t give a fuck what he thinks. So I don’t care if I’m in the Hall Of Fame because it’s a fucking joke because it don’t exist. Why do I care if I go in the Hall Of Fame? It’s not there, go visit it! Where are you gonna go visit it at?”

He's not wrong but I love how mental outraged he is. 

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/scott-steiner-rips-triple-h-why-he-doesnt-care-about-the-wwe-hall-of-fame/

Edited by Onyx2

I remember when Scott Steiner said something to Hogan's wife at an airport along the lines of "Hogan has no business inducting Randy Savage into the HOF" (although it was probably much worse than that). Hogan complained to the police and then there were signs backstage at the HOF with photos of Scott Steiner saying "do not let this man in the building". For me though, the Steiner Brothers as a Tag Team deserve to go in (even if Scott hates the whole concept and would probably refuse the induction).

9 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

There have been 20 WWE grand slam champions?! 

Depends on what’s defined as the Grand Slam. At one time it was just the World, IC and Tag titles because that’s what they had at that time. It is still those? Or do you now have to win both World, IC, US, both Tag, 24/7 and probably a couple that I can’t even remember

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
On 3/5/2020 at 8:37 AM, Onyx2 said:

Steiner went on a hilarious rant about the HOF:

He's not wrong but I love how mental outraged he is. 

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/scott-steiner-rips-triple-h-why-he-doesnt-care-about-the-wwe-hall-of-fame/

I heard there was a 33 1/3 chance of him being inducted, vs 66 2/3 chance of him never going in.

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Depends on what’s defined as the Grand Slam. At one time it was just the World, IC and Tag titles because that’s what they had at that time. It is still those? Or do you now have to win both World, IC, US, both Tag, 24/7 and probably a couple that I can’t even remember

One from each tier so:

-WWE/World/Universal

-US/IC

-Tag 

• Paid Members
On 3/5/2020 at 12:46 PM, LCJ said:

I remember when Scott Steiner said something to Hogan's wife at an airport along the lines of "Hogan has no business inducting Randy Savage into the HOF" (although it was probably much worse than that)

The naughty part was supposedly "I'm gonna kill Terry", hence the posters going up afterwards.

• Paid Members
On 3/5/2020 at 12:46 PM, LCJ said:

For me though, the Steiner Brothers as a Tag Team deserve to go in (even if Scott hates the whole concept and would probably refuse the induction).

He absolutely wouldn't refuse it. I love the Steiners but how many wrestlers have gone "Oh I'm not arsed if I go in anyway, they can fuck right off with it!" only to turn up in their best ill-fitting suit when they do get inducted. Freakzilla would be no different.

But yeah, they should definitely be in.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Is Jeff Hardy the most decorated wrestler in terms of different titles won then? He's won absolutely loads. Even the Light Heavyweight belt, that only people who couldnt compete for anything else won.

Must be Jeff by a mile. I think the only men’s titles he’s not won that have been active in WWE in the last thirty years are:

Universal

WCW (unless you count the World title as a continuation of it)

WCW US (unless you count the WWE US as a continuation of it)

ECW

Cruiserweight

24/7

and the developmental ones.

• Paid Members
On 3/4/2020 at 9:54 AM, tiger_rick said:

JBL is the next intro. Who do BT have on their twitter? Very inside use of "in this business".

It's amazing he can be claimed as having done it all given general rhetoric is he did fuck all from his start to 2004, then had a derided title run before sloping around the midcard as a solid but inspired hand and becoming a commentator.

It highlights just how meaningless titles and accolades are in the modern era.

• Paid Members

I thought the grand slam was WWE, IC, Tag and Euro? The first three made up the triple crown. They made a big deal about HBK becoming the first grand slam champion after he won the Euro title, didn't they?