Overheard conversations

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
On 9/5/2019 at 7:20 AM, simonworden said:

One that sticks out in my head was a very quite young mother to be who came into a pub I worked in (18 as she had a glass of wine! and I checked her ID). Her friend asked her what she was going to call the child and she responded by AJ. The friend then tried to clarify if A and J stood for something and the girl responded "Nah it just means AJ just the two letters". I know there's worse fucking names given to kids and we have our beloved AJ Styles but typically the letters mean something and with the voice she had I was struggling not to crack up 10 feet away at the bar. 

Chuck Taylor was talking about his family on his highspots show and mentioned his grandad is called JD. And it isn’t shortened for anything. It’s just JD. But that’s Kentucky for you. 

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:20 AM, simonworden said:

One that sticks out in my head was a very quite young mother to be who came into a pub I worked in (18 as she had a glass of wine! and I checked her ID). Her friend asked her what she was going to call the child and she responded by AJ. The friend then tried to clarify if A and J stood for something and the girl responded "Nah it just means AJ just the two letters". I know there's worse fucking names given to kids and we have our beloved AJ Styles but typically the letters mean something and with the voice she had I was struggling not to crack up 10 feet away at the bar. 

There's a lad at my son's school called TJ and that doesn't stand for anything either.

We were once walking up the seafront at Skegness about10 years ago, eldest daughter would have been 4 and her and my Mrs had this cute made up gibberish language they used to speak at each other. Daughter is skipping up the beach past this old couple, speaking this gibberish to her mum and the old lady turns to her husband and says "Look at that little French girl".

• Paid Members
On 9/3/2019 at 10:31 PM, StrongStyle said:

Was walking past Westminster one day and heard this bloke shouting "STOP BREXIT!!!!" non-stop. I think he's still at it now that I think about it.

Fucking guy does my head it. I don't condone violence but I'd love it if somebody emptied a shotgun on him.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

So I was working in a cemetery yesterday. 

So a couple of girls, I'd guess around 10 years old, are at the graveyard cleaning their grandads grave. One of them said 'let's sing his song while we do it'
I thought, awww cute, sweet of them.

They then started singing, complete with accent, 'Girl I wanna make you sweat, sweat till ya can't sweat no more...'

I struggled to not laugh.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Rockbus2 said:

Overheard at the seaside today... "personally I'm more concerned about the evolution of seagulls than the development of AI"

Sounds like they might have got wind of Bumgull