The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Supremo said:

Only me who’s expecting Kenny to be kicked out of the Elite, attacked by the other three and sent home for a few months to heal all his injuries?

It's either that or they do the HHH post Mania 14 "You dropped the ball, but I'm going to pick it up and run with it" thing while Omega is away healing from his injuries. 

7 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Hangman/Bryan will be great don't get me wrong, but a Hangman/Punk programme next year culminating at say Double or Nothing is the one for me. 

Leading to Eddie Kingston unseating Punk at next year's Full Gear? This thing writes itself.

• Paid Members

Enjoy how quickly most people move on to something new coming out of the PPV. Absolutely as it should be.

Bryan heeling it up was beautiful. That mention of "WrestleMania" to draw boos was just perfect. 

Eddie asking why there can't be one backstage interview without an interruption was funny stuff.

Fuck off with New Japan shit. Seriously, it's tedious. 

Punk and MJF? Yes, please!

• Paid Members

OK so from what I can tell from whose turned up in AEW, every New Japan wrestler is a very short, fat angry 50 year old who does loads of chops and forearms and not much else. Great. Can someone please close that Forbidden Door? 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Turns heel at the drop of a hat and is immediately fantastic in the role. If Bryan Danielson isn’t your wrestler of the year you’ve lost your god damn mind.

I love Ishii just as much as I love Suzuki. In fact, the match they had in Manchester a few years ago remains my favourite match I’ve ever seen live. The drama and excitement they got out of a single Piledriver was masterful. But yeah, watching them in AEW and imagining this being your first taste of them must be super damming of New Japan. They and their style don’t translate to US television at all. I suspect this will only get worse when we get the inevitable two-and-half-star Okada vs. Big Money Matt match.

Punk vs. MJF has the potential to be good. It also has the potential to bring out the worst in MJF. He’s probably practicing his edge lord lines already. Either way though, I think we can all agree that Punk only moved on so quickly because he’s scared of Eddie Kingston.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

First time ever seeing Ishii. Apparently I just watched a match with one of the top five wrestlers of all time, if you believe Dave Meltzer. I don't think he was even top three in that tag match. 

I wasn't in favour of Danielson winning the tournament and being Hangman's next challenger. I still think it should have been Miro after it wasn't going to be Moxley. Now that it's happened though, I'm glad they haven't went with a straight up babyface Vs babyface feud for the pair of them, and have effectively turned Bryan for this program. A bit out of nowhere though (I understand there's been hints and things, but nothing particularly strong compared to Dynamite this week). 

MJF Vs Punk I can get well on board with. Looking forward to that war of words in the coming weeks. At the end of this feud, is that where Sexy Wardlow says he has had enough? MJF loses to Punk, tries to take his frustration out on the big man, and Wardlow gives him the thumbs down? I think so.