All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Edit: Cameron is a smart choice.  Former Leader, somewhat detached from domestic policy, not going to be constantly on leadership manoueuvres.  He's also a fairly amiable chap and won't go round pissing people off like Johnson.

The man pretty much caused Brexit, making my life and the lives of millions of others far more difficult than they ever needed to be. I feel like if you are responsible for something like that, you shouldn't be able to work in politics again (yet they all just continue to fail upwards).

David Cameron can shove his domestic policy up his arse.

• Paid Members

Appointing Cameron might be Sunak finally acknowledging that it's not going to pay off for him to pander to the gammon any more. Whether or not that's too late will remain to be seen.

It's an odd thing to me, as someone born in the last few months of the 70s, to see a former prime minister back in a frontbench government position; someone on the radio mentioned this morning that the last time that happened was in the 60s, with Alec Douglas-Home, so it's not happened in my lifetime. Harold Wilson was the last prime minister to have non-consecutive terms in office, as well, so many of us have been conditioned to see the job of PM as the last point in a prominent political career - after it ends, it's over for you.

It's an even weirder feeling knowing that he's not even an MP, and some technical fuckery had to be pulled to make it happen. Sunak must be desperate for rapprochement with the "softer" elements of the party now.

22 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

t's an even weirder feeling knowing that he's not even an MP,

Which in turn means he won’t ever be at the despatch box in the commons to answer any questions about the foreign office. 

I have said it before (unlike me, I know) but our new Home Secretary is the opposite of nominative determinism. An absolute talentless wretched man. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I have said it before (unlike me, I know) but our new Home Secretary is the opposite of nominative determinism. An absolute talentless wretched man. 

Worry not - I have said, possibly verbatim, the exact same thing, also many times. 

It’s interesting to see how his reputation has been unintentionally laundered by the cavalcade of barrel-scraping shitarses that followed him into number 10. The coalition may have pushed through a few socially liberal policies, but don’t forget that poor-hating psychotic son of satan George Osborne was his chancellor. It was the two of them that pushed the austerity policies that cost thousands of lives and set the country on a downward spiral that it is still going down.

The idea that he’s some safe pair of hands, elder statesman coming in to bring a bit of sensibility to proceedings is laughable, but also sickening. How quickly we forget. 

4 minutes ago, hallicks said:

It’s interesting to see how his reputation has been unintentionally laundered by the cavalcade of barrel-scraping shitarses that followed him into number 10. The coalition may have pushed through a few socially liberal policies, but don’t forget that poor-hating psychotic son of satan George Osborne was his chancellor. It was the two of them that pushed the austerity policies that cost thousands of lives and set the country on a downward spiral that it is still going down.

The idea that he’s some safe pair of hands, elder statesman coming in to bring a bit of sensibility to proceedings is laughable, but also sickening. How quickly we forget. 

It’s similar to what @FelatioLips said earlier, when Cameron is considered a good, stable and clever appointment, then how utterly awful the previous holders of high office must have been. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It's not technical fuckery CB. Ministers can be in the House Of Lords, it happens pretty regular. It is the first time since 1982 that the Foreign Secretary was a Lord but it can happen. 

Oh, I get that - was more about getting the king (that will never not feel odd to me) to make him a lord just to enable it.